Mari J. Frank Esq, CIPPTransforming Conflict into Collaboration
- Arbitration & Mediation, Family Law, Business Law
EXPERTISE IN CONFLICT TRANSFORMATION
Mari Frank is an attorney, mediator, Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), author, professor, and radio show host in private practice in California and Florida. She worked in the District Attorney’s Office, practiced insurance defense law, and had a general civil law practice. She has successfully resolved thousands of disputes as a neutral since 1985.
Ms. Frank was the founding President of the Orange County Chapter of the Society for Professionals in Dispute Resolution-Orange County, California. She served for three years as founding Chair of the State Bar of California Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee She is a certified mediator for the Civil Mediation Panel for the Orange County Superior Court and serves on the Executive Committee of the Orange County California Courts Arbitration and Mediation Administration Committee. She also serves as a Master Mediator for the Mediation Fee Dispute program for the Orange County Bar Association. Ms. Frank has taught hundreds of law students as a law professor, and thousands of attorneys as a certified trainer for Continuing Legal Education for the Bar. She taught negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution at the University of California, Irvine, and taught conflict management and leadership skills at Brandman University. She was an adjunct professor at Western State University School of law for eight years.
She was President of the Orange County Society for Professionals in Dispute Resolution, Chair of the first ADR Court Diversion Program of the Orange County Bar, and served on the first board of the Southern California Mediation Association. She is an advisor to the Executive Committee of Law Practice Management for the California Lawyers Association.
In 2021 Mari became certified as a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court and Family Court Mediator and a member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association.
- Harvard Law School
- Negotiation, mediation
- University of California, Davis, School of Law
- Western State University College of Law
- Honors: Law Review, Case Note Editor, Student Bar Association Officer
- Activities: Law Review, Mock Trial, Student Bar Association Executive Committee
- Hofstra University
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- State Bar of California  # 119815
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Spanish: Spoken, Written