Ms. Stover is an attorney with extensive knowledge and experience in a wide variety of legal matters including family law (divorce, custody, child support), criminal and traffic (DUI/DWI, theft, Post-Conviction Petitions), personal injury (auto accidents, pedestrian accidents, slip and falls), and immigration (naturalization, adjustment of status, and asylum).
After graduating law school, Ms. Stover clerked for the Honorable Marielsa A. Bernard of the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, MD. Throughout her clerkship, Ms. Stover not only gained knowledge of the law and the inner workings of the courthouse, but she also gained extensive insight into a wide variety of family law matters, an area of law where judges have fairly broad judicial discretion.
Ms. Stover also has experience litigating criminal matters. In law school, she was part of American University’s Criminal Justice Clinic. As part of the clinic, she presented criminal and traffic cases in the District Court for Montgomery County, MD on behalf of the state of Maryland. Finally, Ms. Stover has served as law clerk for the Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office and interned for the Mid-Atlantic Innocence Project.
Ms. Stover understands that clients are often unsure of the law and legal procedures, scared and stressed about the potential outcomes, and sometimes even upset and angry that they have found themselves in the middle of a legal proceeding. Throughout each case, Ms. Stover takes the time to explain every step of the legal proceeding or application process to the client in order to ensure the client has no worries or concerns about what might happen next. This includes thoroughly preparing the client for each and every appearance in court or interview before an immigration officer.
Ms. Stover strives to ensure the best possible outcomes for her clients whether they have complex family law matters, have been injured in an automobile accident, or have been charged with a crime.
- American University Washington College of Law
- J.D. (2008)
- Activities: Marshall Brennan Fellow; President of WCL’s Innocence Project; Officer of Criminal Law Society; Design and Layout Editor of The Criminal Law Brief; Rule 16 Student Attorney for the Criminal Justice Clinic.
- Bowling Green State University
- B.A. (2005)
- Honors: magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society; Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, Social Chair; Golden Key Honor Society.
- Activities: Dorm Hall Council, Representative; Dance Marathon, Volunteer & Fundraiser.
- Anthony A. Fatemi, LLC
- - Current
- Maryland State Bar Association
- - Current
- Bar Association of Montgomery County
- - Current
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Family Law
- Immigration Law
- Personal Injury
- Mariah D. Stover's Website Profile
- Anthony A. Fatemi, LLC Website
- Maryland Criminal Lawyer Blog
- Maryland Divorce Lawyer Blog