Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Loyola University New Orleans
- J.D. (2006) | Juris Doctor
- Hampden-Sydney College
- B.A. (2003) | Political Science
Articles & Publications
- Hundreds overwhelm FBI after OB/GYN is accused of needlessly removing women’s uteruses
- The Washington Post
- Top One Percent
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel is an organization dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence. The mission of the NADC is to objectively recognize the attorneys who elevate the standards of the Bar and provide a benchmark for other lawyers to emulate. By virtue of the incredible selectivity of our research process, only the elite few are invited to join the ranks of the NADC. Specifically, less than 1% of practicing attorneys in the United States are members of the “Nation’s Top Attorneys”. The recipients of this prestigious award have demonstrated the highest ideals of the legal profession. (* The NADC is not a lawyer referral service. All decisions made in choosing and securing an attorney’s representation should be made based on individual research and an evaluation of that lawyer’s qualifications.)
- 10 Best Law Firm
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Founded in 2014, we are a new company with a big and innovative idea- that Attorneys should be recognized for excellence in their field and that potential Clients can benefit from this knowledge. American Institute is an impartial third-party attorney rating organization comprised of 13 divisions consisting of Bankruptcy, Criminal, DUI/DWI, Personal Injury, Family Law, Litigation, Lawsuits & Disputes, Immigration, Workers’ Compensation, Employment & Labor Law, Estate Planning, Military Law, Elder Law and Social Security & Disability Law Division. The American Institute’s Criminal Law Division is an impartial third-party attorney rating service recognizing excellence of fellow practitioners in the field. We compile an exclusive list of the “10 Best” Attorneys for each State. Some States depending on size and population density may be broken up into City or Region to be more applicable to potential new clients who utilize this site when looking for an Attorney. The “10 Best” is a prestigious honor for the Attorney as each Attorney must: Be formally nominated by the Institute, a client, and/or a fellow Attorney; Have attained the highest degree of professional achievement in his or her field of law; and Having done so with an impeccable Client Satisfaction rating. Many Attorneys can achieve high degrees of success but this is often times at the expense or satisfaction of the most important person in the case- the client. American Institute’s Criminal Law Division looks for Attorneys that have achieved unparalleled success but most importantly have done so for the benefit of their client. Very few Attorneys can do so and our organization recognizes this significant achievement. Our rating system helps clients throughout the United States make educated decisions when it comes to choosing their attorney. Membership is an exclusive honor and extended only to those select few who have reached the top of their profession while doing so with the client’s satisfaction being of the most paramount importance.
- Mario J. Stellute was given a Distinguished rating from his peers, which means that he was deemed to have very high professional ethics and preeminent legal ability. Only lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability receive a Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating. The Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings evaluates lawyers based on the anonymous opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary, including both those who are rated and those who are not. The first review to establish a lawyer's rating usually occurs three years after his/her first admission to the Bar. Martindale-Hubbell® conducts secure online Peer Review Ratings surveys of lawyers across multiple jurisdictions and geographic locations, in similar areas of practice as the lawyer being rated. Reviewers are instructed to assess their colleagues' general ethical standards and legal ability in a specific area of practice. The Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ help buyers of legal services identify, evaluate and select the most appropriate lawyer for a specific task at hand. The confidentiality, objectivity and complete independence of the ratings process are what have made the program a unique and credible evaluation tool for members of the legal profession. The legal community values the accuracy of lawyer peer review ratings because they are determined by their peers – the people who are best suited to assess the legal ability and professional ethics of their colleagues. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings were created in 1887 as an objective tool that would attest to a lawyer’s ability and professional ethics, based on the confidential opinions of other lawyers and judges who have worked with the lawyers they are evaluating.
- 10.0 Superb
- TOP 100
- The National Trial Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 is an invitation-only organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from each state or region who meet stringent qualifications as civil plaintiff and/or criminal defense trial lawyers. Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase objective and uniformly applied process which includes peer nominations combined with third-party research. Membership is extended only to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state or region who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and public profile measured by objective and uniformly applied standards in compliance with state bar and national Rule 4-7. The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 is an essential source of information, education and networking for the most accomplished trial lawyers throughout America. Through unique and professional networking opportunities, information and CLE programs, we continually strive to give our members a competitive edge in today’s ever-changing legal profession. It is the mission of The National Trial Lawyers to provide networking opportunities, advocacy training, and the highest quality educational programs for the nation’s leading trial lawyers. Each of our distinguished Top 100 members possesses the knowledge, skill, experience and success held by only the best and finest lawyers in America. By combining resources, power, and influence, The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 is devoted to preserving and protecting justice for all.
- Lifetime Charter Member-Personal Injury
- Best Attorneys of America
- Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney
- Personal Injury Attorney-Attorney and Practice Magazine’s
- Attorney and Practice Magazine Top 10 attorney award is an achievement reserved for only those attorneys who have demonstrated the highest degree of excellence in his or her area of law. Because of our stringent standards, less than 1% of attorneys nationwide will receive this invitation for membership, subscription and list inclusion which is published on www.attorneyandpractice as well our quarterly magazine. Our list recognizes the significant achievements of those attorneys whose practice elevates the standards of their State’s Bar as well as provided a benchmark for other practitioners. Our list encompasses industry leaders who have been featured on networks such as ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, FOX, the New York Times, The Washington Post, Time and Newsweek.
- Charter Member
- Lawyers of Distinction
- Lawyers of Distinction Members have been selected based upon a review and vetting process by our Selection Committee utilizing U.S. Provisional Patent # 62/743,254. The platform generates a numerical score of 1 to 5 for each of the 12 enumerated factors which are meant to recognize the applicant’s achievements and peer recognition. All applicants must be licensed to practice law. Members are then subject to a final review for ethical violations within the past ten years before confirmation of Membership. A Lawyers of Distinction Nomination does not guarantee membership and attorneys may not pay a fee to be nominated. Attorneys may nominate to Lawyers of Distinction their peers whom they feel warrant consideration. The determination of whether an attorney qualifies for Membership is based upon the aforementioned proprietary analysis discussed above. Membership is not meant to infer any endorsement of Lawyers of Distinction by any of the 50 United States Bar Associations or The District of Columbia Bar Association. Any references to “excellent,” “excellence,” or “distinguished” are meant to refer to the Lawyers of Distinction organization only and not to any named member individually.
- Top 40 Under 40
- The National Trial Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 is a professional organization composed of the top trial lawyers from each state or region who are under the age of 40. Membership into The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 is by invitation only and is extended exclusively to those trial lawyers practicing civil plaintiff and/or criminal defense law. Membership is extended solely to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and public profile measured by objective and uniformly applied standards in compliance with state bar and national Rule 4-7. Invitees must exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a young lawyer under the age of 40. Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase objective process which includes peer nominations combined with third-party research. Each of our distinguished Top 40 under 40 members strives to encompass the knowledge, skill, experience and success held by only the best lawyers in America. It is our mission to promote a unique and professional networking opportunity for young lawyers, while developing progressive ideas to pursue justice for those injured by the negligence of others, to educate the public about the importance of access to courts that are free of bias and undue influence, and to protect the right of trial by jury.
- Top 100
- Highstakes Litigators
- Membership among America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators® is meant to identify and highlight the accomplishments of the nation’s most esteemed and skilled litigators in high stakes legal matters. To be considered for selection, an attorney must have litigated (for either plaintiff or defendant) a matter (1) with at least $2,000,000 in alleged damages at stake or (2) with the fate of a business worth at least $2,000,000 at stake (i.e. bet-the-company litigation valued in excess of $2,000,000). These minimum qualifications are required for initial consideration. Thereafter, only the top 100 qualifying attorneys in each state* will receive this honor and be selected for membership among America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators®. While selection for any award, honor, or exclusive membership organization is always subjective in nature, we have developed a comprehensive multi-phase selection process involving propriety algorithms and Qualitative Comparative Analysis in an effort to help ensure that only the most skilled and exceptional attorneys in the community are selected for membership. Candidates for membership are initially identified through third-party research or peer nominations by other elite attorneys in the community. Once a candidate is identified, they are carefully screened first to determine that they meet the minimum requirements as a “High Stakes Litigator” through third-party research and analysis. Thereafter, all data regarding qualifying candidates is evaluated using our proprietary algorithms applying multi-criteria decision making methods to create a Pareto efficiency frontier. These algorithms assess a broad array of criteria and data for each candidate, including (but not limited to) the attorney’s lifetime legal achievements, professional experience, significant case results and/or verdicts, peer reputation, client satisfaction, other notable honors, media notoriety, and community impact, among many other proprietary factors. The Pareto efficiency frontier created by the analysis of these criteria establishes a measure for each attorney that indicates the relative effectiveness of the attorney in comparison to other attorneys in the community. Through Qualitative Comparative Analysis, the most efficient and effective High Stakes Litigators among the community are then identified for selection among America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators®. Every attorney selected for membership among America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators® must pass through this multi-phase screening process and be found among the Top 100 High Stakes Litigators in their community based on our screening criteria. Attorneys cannot buy or “peer nominate” their way into membership. If an attorney does not meet the standards established by our criteria to be selected among the Top 100 in their community, then there is no amount of money (or peer nominations) that will change that. The integrity of our multi-phase selection process is paramount in achieving our objectives and ensuring that all attorneys selected for this great honor reflect the highest ideals and ethical standards of the legal profession.
- Top 100
- America's Top 100 LLC
- November 14, 2017 – Announcing the selection of Mario J. Stellute among America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators® for 2017. Selection to America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators® is by invitation only and is reserved to identify the nation’s most exceptional trial attorneys in high value, high stakes legal matters. To be considered for selection, an attorney must have litigated (for either plaintiff or defendant) a matter (1) with at least $2,000,000 in alleged damages at stake or (2) with the fate of a business worth at least $2,000,000 at stake. These minimum qualifications are required for initial consideration. Thereafter, candidates are carefully screened through comprehensive Qualitative Comparative Analysis based on a broad array of criteria, including the candidate’s professional experience, litigation experience, significant case results, representative high stakes matters, peer reputation, and community impact in order to rank the candidates throughout the state. Only the top 100 qualifying attorneys in each state will receive this honor and be selected for membership among America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators®. With these extremely high standards for selection to America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators®, less than one-half percent (0.5%) of active attorneys in the United States will receive this honor — truly the most exclusive and elite level of attorneys in the community. If you would like more information about America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators® or the selection process, please visit our website at www.Top100HighStakesLitigators.com.
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- - Current
- American Association for Justice
- - Current
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- - Current
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- - Current
- Hampton Bar Association
- - Current
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- - Current
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Federal Circuit
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Will meet after hours and on weekends by appointment.
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Traffic Tickets
- Workers' Compensation
- Medical Malpractice
Contact & Map