Free Consultation: (615) 606-3903Tap to Call This Lawyer
Marjorie A Bristol

Marjorie A Bristol

  • Education Law, Family Law, Divorce ...
  • Tennessee
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Marjorie began her legal career representing individuals sentenced to death in challenging their death sentences at the Office of the Post-Conviction Defender. Later, she spent almost four years working for the Tennessee Justice Center fighting for the rights of children and adults against Tennessee's Medicaid program.

Marjorie then spent time in private practice primarily representing children and families in juvenile court cases. Then she went to work for the Tennessee Department of Children's Services for more than 6 years where she served as the primary juvenile justice and education attorney, handled employment matters for the 4000 person agency, and advised the agency regarding its obligation to preserve families.

University of Tennessee - Knoxville
J.D. (1999) | Law
Honors: Cum Laude, Dean's Citation
Activities: Law Review, Moot Court Board, Pro Bono Project
University of Tennessee - Knoxville Logo
Maryville College
B.A. (1990) | English
Placeholder image for education.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    I accept contingent fees on some (but not all) civil rights cases.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I usually don't charge for travel.
Practice Areas
    Education Law
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Juvenile Law
  • French
  • German
Legal Answers
Q. i am 16 years old. i was adopted a couple of years ago and i was wondering if i could legally move out w/o consent
A: No, you cannot move out without parental consent until you are 18.
Q. Mother is refusing to bring child to father and stepmothers house on his visitation days bc he is with the military.
A: You need to consult an attorney. The law provides that a service member's family can still have access to the child during deployment.
Q. Is it a crime for a parent to buy a vape and oil containing nicotine for their child?
A: Yes, it is a crime. Yes, your husband should consult an attorney about seeking custody of the child based on this.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
The Law Office of Marjorie A. Bristol
Contact & Map
The Law Office of Marjorie A. Bristol
919 Conference Dr.
Suite 4-324
Goodlettsville, TN 37072
Telephone: (615) 606-3903