Mark Derek Battleson
- Business Law, Real Estate Law, Employment Law ...
Throughout his 20+ year career, Mr. Battleson has worked in deal teams as an attorney, investment banker and principal involved in operating businesses, development projects, and existing assets with a value in excess of $2.2 billion; and, as a commercial litigation attorney representing small and medium size businesses, as well as defending national insurance companies, multinational self-insured companies, and the State of Georgia in matters with potential liability in excess of $100 million.
Mark graduated from Emory University School of Law in 1995, while also working for the United States Attorney’s Office as a third-year practice clerk. Following law school, Mark clerked for the Chief Judge of the Georgia Court of Appeals, and then began his litigation career working as a commercial litigator representing individuals and businesses, and as an insurance defense attorney, defending against plaintiffs and claimants in personal injury and workers’ compensation lawsuits and claims. During his initial trial practice, Mark prosecuted and defended hundreds of depositions of fact witnesses and medical experts, successfully defended dozens of trials, and negotiated hundreds of favorable settlements.
- Emory University
- Law Degree
- Georgia State Bar
- - Current
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Cannabis & Marijuana Law
- Marijuana Business Formation, Medical Marijuana