- Tax Law, Elder Law, Estate Planning ...
- North Carolina
Mark Shelley has practiced law since 1984 in North Carolina. He has a degree in Economics from Davidson College, a Juris Doctor Law Degree from Wake Forest University and a post-graduate law degree in Taxation from the University of Florida’s elite school of tax. He began his career as in-house counsel for a major publicly held corporation. He went into private practice in 1986 with the Gastonia law firm of Garland & Alala where he became a partner in 1989. In 1995 he moved his practice to Concord. While many clients come from Concord, Kannapolis, Harrisburg, Mt. Pleasant, Gastonia and Charlotte, many other clients from across the state come to Mark for legal advice. Among his accomplishments, Mark has been listed by Martindale-Hubbell as one of the preeminent tax lawyers in America and has received the highest peer review rating from other lawyers in North Carolina for both his quality of work and for his ethical standards. He is the youngest lawyer in Cabarrus County to earn an AV rating from his peers – the highest rating for legal competence and ethics.
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina
- Tax Law
- Business Taxes, Criminal Tax Litigation, Estate Tax Planning, Income Taxes, International Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes