Matt C. Deering
- Business Law, Communications & Internet Law, Intellectual Property ...
Large corporations and small companies alike need sound legal advice from attorneys who understand the demands and dynamics of the business environment. Clients of Meyer Capel will find these skills in Matt C. Deering.
A native of Champaign-Urbana and a graduate of Champaign Central High School, Mr. Deering holds a bachelor of arts in economics from the University of Kentucky and a juris doctorate from Ohio Northern University. He joined the firm in 1994 as a law clerk and became a full-time associate in 1996 and a shareholder on January 1, 2003.
In addition to handling general corporate and business law concerns, Mr. Deering's practice includes: business and residential real estate transactions; development and protection of intellectual property assets including registering such assets in the United States Patent and Trademark and Copyright offices; and monitoring and managing regulatory matters for telecommunications companies before the Illinois Commerce Commission and other state regulatory bodies.
Mr. Deering's wife, Kate, is a graduate of the University of Illinois and currently works in the pharmaceutical industry. Together with their children, Grace, Paige, and Davis, they make their home in Savoy. Away from the practice of law, Mr. Deering is on the board of directors of Habitat for Humanity of Champaign and Piatt Counties, is an active member of the Champaign Rotary Club, and enjoys playing golf, snow skiing, reading, and traveling.
- University of Kentucky
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Communications & Internet Law
- Internet Law, Media & Advertising, Telecommunications Law
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law