After completing his term of service with the United States Army’s 24th Infantry Division, Matt went on to earn his undergraduate degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago, followed by a law degree from The John Marshall Law School. Matt’s practice is focused on protecting the rights of injured workers throughout the State of Illinois. He has argued cases before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, the Circuit Courts and the Illinois Appellate Court. Matt also represents clients before the Social Security Administration’s Office of Disability Adjudication and Review.
Matt is a member of the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association, and the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
Matt has an interest in Middle East Law, and specifically legal systems in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries. He speaks Spanish, and studies Arabic.
- The John Marshall Law School
- J.D. (2003) | Law
- Workers’ Compensation Trial Notebook - Chapter 9 (Obtaining Medical Records)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- CMLE (AMA 6th Edition)
- State Bar of Illinois # 6279991
- Activities: NOSSCR has always stayed true to its mission of encouraging the highest quality representation and advocacy on behalf of persons seeking SSDI and SSI benefits. NOSSCR has joined with other organizations to advocate for improvements in the disability determination and the adjudication process. NOSSCR’s leadership on these issues has provided frequent opportunities for NOSSCR officers and its Executive Director to testify before Congressional committees.
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association
- Activities: The WCLA is a membership organization promoting fellowship among members of the Illinois Bar engaged in the trial of workers’ compensation matters.
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Workers’ Compensation claims, Personal Injury claims, and Social Security Disability claims are handled on a contingency basis.
- Workers' Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Personal Injury
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Aleksy Belcher