Admitted to practice: Louisiana State Bar (2016)
Law School: Tulane University, J.D. (2015)
College: University of Pennsylvania, B.A. (Cognitive Science, 2011)
Max is an entertainment attorney, musician, and the founder of Action Potential Entertainment, LLC. He has worked with dozens of musicians in the New Orleans music community, as well as entrepreneurs, record labels, publishing companies, film productions, and visual artists. Before founding Action Potential Entertainment, Max was a band manager and booking agent, representing some of New Orleans’ most promising rock, funk, and jazz acts. Prior to that, he served as a law clerk at a large law firm in New York City, and was an intern with the Entertainment Law Legal Assistance (ELLA) project and with the New Orleans Bioinnovation Center, while obtaining his law degree from Tulane University.
Max has developed and presented copyright workshops for musicians and visual artists and spoken on intellectual property and contract matters at the New Orleans Video Access Center (NOVAC), Propeller, and the Where Y'Art Gallery. In law school, Max was an editor of the Tulane Law Review, president of the Tulane Entertainment & Art Law Society, and student attorney with the Tulane Civil Litigation Clinic.
He is currently a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association.
Outside of practicing law, Max is the bassist for Maggie Belle Band, and enjoys cooking, and spending as much time as he can outdoors.
- Tulane University School of Law
- J.D. (2015) | Entertainment Law, Copyright Law, Trademark Law
- Honors: CALI Excellence Award
- Activities: Tulane Law Review, Tulane Entertainment and Arts Law Society, Entertainment Law Legal Assistance (ELLA) Project
- University of Pennsylvania
- B.A. (2011) | Cognitive Science, Music
- Principal, Artist Manager and Booking Agent
- Action Potential Entertainment
- Before converting the firm to a pure entertainment law firm, I was running the business as a manager and booking agent for dozens of New Orleans- and New York-based musical acts.
- Contract Attorney
- Sher Garner Cahill Richter Klein & Hilbert
- Document review for a large environmental lawsuit
- Contract Attorney
- Napper Law
- Worked as assistant to production counsel for the pre-production legal work needed for an independent film
- Entertainment Law Legal Assistance Project
- Summer Associate
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Intellectual Property Law Intern
- New Orleans BioInnovation Center
- Copyright Basics for New Orleans Creative Community, World IP Day, New Orleans, LA
- Copyright Alliance
- Sponsored by the Copyright Alliance and the ELLA Project
- Copyright & Contract Basics for Musicians, Songs on the Bayou Festival, Morgan City, LA
- Road to 3rd Street Productions
- Copyright & Contract Basics for Visual Artists, NOVAC Creative Freelancer Workshop, Baton Rouge, LA
- New Orleans Video Access Center
- Copyright & Contract Basics for Visual Artists, New Orleans, LA
- Where Y'Art
- State Bar of Louisiana # 36869
- - Current
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I accept payment by PayPal and cash, as well as check.
- Entertainment & Sports Law
- Intellectual Property
- English: Spoken, Written
- French: Written
- Action Potential Entertainment, LLC