One of Colorado's premier criminal defense attorneys, Melissa has spent 2 decades helping clients fight -- and win -- criminal cases. She has great relations with DAs, but can be a bulldog when she needs to be.
In 1998 she earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Denver, College of Law. She is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, the Denver Bar Association and is licensed to practice law in the Colorado State and the U.S. District Courts.
She was a trial attorney with Colorado State Public Defender's Office. She is an experienced litigator and trial attorney having tried more than 50 cases. Melissa's criminal defense experience ranges from murder, assault, violations of the Colorado Organized Crime Control Act and sexual assault to DUI's, domestic violence and drug cases.
In addition to her courtroom experience, Melissa was promoted to Senior Attorney of the third largest regional office supervising, training and mentoring more than 20 lawyers.
Melissa also volunteered as a member of the Juvenile Services Planning Committee in Jefferson County and has presented at the Brighton Chamber of Commerce Law Day. Melissa has been a guest lecturer at many area schools including Golden High School, Brighton High School and Lukas Elementary School in Westminster.
Melissa has practiced in the areas of criminal defense, construction litigation, landlord-tenant litigation and family law. Melissa has earned the reputation as a tough litigator who zealously represents her clients while maintaining the highest degree of professionalism.
- The University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- J.D. (1998)
- Colorado State University
- B.A. (1992) | Sociology with an emphasis in Criminal Justice
- Senior Managing Attorney
- Colorado Legal Defense Group
- - Current
- Sole Practitioner
- Garscin Law
- - Current
- The Law Offices of D.R. Jones
- Inman Flynn Biesterfeld & Brentlinger P.C.
- Senior Attorney
- Brighton Regional Public Defenders office
- Trial Attorney
- Office of the Public Defender – Jefferson & Adams Cou
- Guest lecturer at Lukas Elementary School in Westminster
- Guest lecturer at Golden High School
- Guest lecturer at Brighton High School
- Guest lecturer at Brighton Chamber of Commerce Law Day
- State Bar of Colorado # 30171
- Juvenile Services Planning Committee in Jefferson County
- Volunteer Attorney
- First Judicial District Bar Association
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar Association
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Domestic Violence
- Juvenile Law
- Traffic Tickets
- White Collar Crime
- English: Spoken, Written