Free Consultation: (212) 721-5300Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael David Siegel

Michael David Siegel

Siegel & Siegel, P.C.
  • Business Law, Bankruptcy, Real Estate Law ...
  • New Jersey, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Check out my background at my website,

University of Chicago
J.D. (1990) | Law
University of Chicago Logo
Columbia University
M.A. (1987) | Political Science
Columbia University Logo
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
B.A. (1986) | Political Science and History
Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign Logo
Professional Experience
Owner and Partner
Siegel & Siegel, P.C.
- Current
McCarter & English LLP
Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy LLP
Professional Associations
New York State Bar  # 2372258
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
Practice Areas
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Foreclosure Defense
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Education Law
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. As trustee and executor and poa, Can I sell a piece of property in the family trust if it willed to a family member?
A: Short answer is the documents will govern what you are allowed to do. However, if the trustee has the power to sell, and a will says it should be conveyed a certain way, there may be some inconsistency in the estate plan which needs to be addressed. But, if the property is titled in the trust, the trust (and not the will) governs.
Q. What rights to cash proceeds and assets of a discontinued synagogue does the congregation have?
A: None. That is why typically a merger with an existing congregation is done.
Q. Am I entitled to any of the remaining balance of my house after it sold after my bankruptcy?
A: You would be unless you had other creditors. The trustee would have paid all the creditors and then if anything was left, paid you. There should have been a final report in the case.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
One Penn Plaza
Suite 2414
New York, NY 10119
Telephone: (212) 721-5300
Fax: (212) 947-9967