My interest in law has always been in helping people and helping our system of justice work better. My law office focuses on helping victims of illegality and bias. My office handles wrongful termination and job discrimination cases and civil rights violation. Cases include wrongful discrimination based upon age, gender / sex, national origin, race, pregnancy or disability.
I also served as a "citizen soldier" (US Army reservist), with tours of duty in the combat zones of Iraq (2004-05) and Afghanistan (2012), as an Army lawyer. I retired in the rank of lieutenant colonel.
We handle cases from Long Island, through New York City and into the Hudson Valley up to Albany and Western Massachusetts.
- Lewis & Clark Law School
- University of Vermont
- B.S. | Environmental Science
- Pace Law School
- LL.M. | Master of Laws
- US Army Command and General Staff College
- US Army Judge Advocate General's School
- Army JAG School-- basic and advanced schools
- Lt. Colonel (retired)
- US Army Judge Advocate General ("JAG") Corps
- Principal Attorney
- Diederich Law Office
- - Current
- Except during periods of active governmental service (e.g., 1 year duty as US Army Lawyer in Iraq), I have focused on representing individuals in employment, civil rights and environmental cases. I have also been active in public interest and taxpayer litigation, and influenced the US Supreme Court in environmental/constitutional law. My private practice focuses on employment discrimination and civil rights.
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- NY State Bar Association
- Civil Rights Committe -- appointed member
- Rockland County Bar Association
- Orange County (NY) Bar Association
- New York
- 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- US Army Court of Military Appeals
- Free Consultation
Free telephone consultation.
- Contingent Fees
I often handle an individual's case on a contingency fee basis, sometimes with a partial fee.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Prior results do not guarantee future success. Each case stands on its own merits. I enjoy representing victims of wrongdoing or bias.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Rights
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Constitutional Law
- English: Spoken, Written