Michael is a former prosecutor who has come to learn that the noble ideals of the criminal justice system are striven for more often than they are achieved.
He focuses his practice exclusively on criminal law so that he can help those accused of a crime — often ordinary, everyday people — ensure that their rights are honored and that they receive a fair opportunity to be heard.
Michael served as a deputy district attorney at the Tulare County District Attorney’s Office where he gained experience in jury trials, bench trials in juvenile court, arguing motions in criminal cases, and negotiating plea agreements. Before that, he completed the Volunteer Prosecutor Attorney Program at the Long Beach City Prosecutor’s Office.
Michael received his Law Degree from Whittier Law School where he excelled in interscholastic trial advocacy competitions and served as President of the School’s Trial Advocacy Honors Board. During law school, Michael also worked as a law clerk for the District Attorney’s Offices of Los Angeles, Orange, and San Bernardino Counties.
Michael is admitted to the State Bar of California.
- Whittier Law School
- J.D. (2011)
- California State University - Fullerton
- B.A. (2007)
- Principal Attorney
- Michael J. Ocampo, Attorney at Law
- - Current
- Associate Attorney
- Law Offices of Susan F. Lindenberg, APC
- Deputy District Attorney
- Tulare County District Attorney's Office
- Volunteer Deputy City Prosecutor
- Long Beach City Prosecutor's Office
- Volunteer Attorney
- Los Angeles County Bar Association's Domestic Violence Project
- Volunteer Attorney
- Public Law Center
- MCLE Article: 11 Most Commonly Asked Questions About Expungement
- The Practitioner, published by the California Lawyers Association
- The Tiered Sex Offender Act
- Orange County Lawyer Magazine, published by the Orange County Bar Association, Vol. 16, No. 4
- Wiping the Slate Clean - Expungements, Sealing Arrest Records, and Certificates of Rehabilitation, WHW Employment Readiness Workshop, Irvine, CA
- WHW - Empowering Employment Success
- Orange County Criminal Defense Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- State Bar of California # 283154
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
With Michael J. Ocampo, Attorney at Law, there is no hourly billing — just a single, reasonable fee to cover your legal defense. A flat fee helps you stick to your budget, keeps attorney’s fees from getting out of hand, and incentivizes completing the work — instead of the time it takes to do it. Being accused of a crime is stressful enough. Avoid the burden of hourly billing so that both you and your criminal defense attorney can focus exclusively on your case.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI