Michael RossA boutique law practice focused on estates & trusts + elder law.
- Estate Planning, Probate, Elder Law
Helping clients with estate planning (wills, trusts), adult guardianship, probate and estate administration, and elder law matters.
• Estate planning (trusts, wills, powers of attorney, and other planning documents).
• Probate and administration of estates, particularly those involving businesses (buy-sell provisions), intellectual property (patents, trademarks, copyrights), and high-value collections (car, art).
• Administration and management of trusts.
• Adult guardianships.
• End-of-life, long-term and disability care planning.
Michael Ross has been practicing law for over 20 years. His practice focuses on helping clients with estate planning and administration, guardianship, probate, and elder law matters.
Mr. Ross’ commercial, real estate, and intellectual property law background uniquely allows him to assist clients with estate plans involving -
Business continuity and succession.
Real property, including those with mineral rights and environmental liability.
High-value tangible property such as car, art and jewelry collections, and related entrustment and title clearing issues, as well as copyright rights and restrictions, (e.g., works of art).
Postmortem rights of publicity and droit d'auteur (moral rights).
Intellectual property rights, such as patents, copyrights, trademarks, and related licensing rights.
Over the life of his practice, Mr. Ross has also provided legal services to clients in matters relating to startup ventures, corporate governance, environmental compliance, unfair competition and antitrust compliance, and employment matters.
Prior to returning to private practice, Mr. Ross served as Senior Counsel to Chevron Corporation. Mr. Ross also previously practiced as an associate with Patzik, Frank and Samotny, Ltd. and Greer, Burns & Crain, Ltd.
- The John Marshall Law School
- Carthage College
- Honors: Cum Laude, Presidential Scholarship Program Lincoln Scholarship Recipient
- Attorney & Owner
- Law Office of Michael Ross
- - Current
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- 7th Circuit
Credit Cards Accepted
I accept payment via check or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express).
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Please see our website for more information about fees and costs. https://www.mdr.legal/pricing-faqs
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Elder Law