I am an attorney representing clients in
employment, labor, estate planning
and disability law.
I base my practice on three principles:
provide exceptional legal advice to my clients;
foster a relationship of trust and cooperation with my clients;
be available to my clients to serve their needs at their convenience.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Earlham College
- B.A. | International Studies and German
- Ice Miller, LLP
- As an Associate in the labor and employment section, I defended clients against employment discrimination claims in State and Federal Courts, before EEOC, and in mediations/arbitrations. I also advised clients on Fair Labor Standards Act issues and appropriate compensation plans, performed internal compliance audits, defended wage/hour claims, and prepared employment contracts and policies. In addition, I advised clients on recruiting and maintaining a diverse workforce. I continue to provide these services to my small business, non-profit organization, and school clients.
- Judicial Clerk
- Indiana Supreme Court
- Drafted civil and criminal judicial opinions in collaboration with Chief Justice Randall T. Shepherd and staff.
- Judicial Clerk
- Indiana Court of Appeals
- Drafted civil and criminal judicial opinions in collaboration with Chief Judge Sanford T. Brook and staff.
- Executive Assistant to Board Chair
- COVOH Inc.
- Provided lobbying services for a coalition of non-profits before the Indiana Legislature. Conducted numerous training sessions and oral presentations. Developed and edited a monthly newsletter.
- Educational Consultant
- Indiana Department of Education
- Implemented the State Improvement Plan/Grant, encouraging collaboration among state agencies. Evaluated state and federal legislation. Drafted state educational regulations. Authored booklet on due process hearings. Investigated complaints. Summarized due process hearing decisions.
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Education Law
- Elder Law
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning
- Disability Law