Miguel Nieves

Miguel Nieves

Experienced Family Law Attorney Serving MA & NH
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Massachusetts, New Hampshire
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Since his admission to the bar in Massachusetts in 2001, Miguel A. Nieves has earned a strong reputation for helping people facing domestic relations issues throughout southern New Hampshire and Massachusetts. He has successfully and compassionately guided clients through all aspects of the divorce process as well as post-divorce issues.

Attorney Nieves uses patience and practicality when devising a strategy to meet the goals of those he represents. He is adept at handling matters inside and outside the courtroom. Although his goal is to resolve matters short of trial, Attorney Nieves has had numerous successful jury and bench trials throughout his career. His client-focused approach and ability to generate results are just a few of the reasons he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell and was named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine in the field of Family Law.

These accolades are rooted in Attorney Nieves' experience and education. In 1997, he received a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Political Science from The University of New Hampshire. He then graduated from New England Law | Boston in 2000 with a Juris Doctor. While there, Attorney Nieves was a member of the school's law review where he served as a Case and Notes Editor and had his submission chosen for publication by his peers.

New England Law | Boston
J.D. (2000)
New England Law | Boston Logo
University of New Hampshire
B.A. (1997)
University of New Hampshire Logo
Articles & Publications
Immigration Consequences of Divorce
New Hampshire Bar News
Professional Associations
State Bar of Massachusetts  # 650096
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Maine State Bar  # 005385
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Hampshire State Bar  # 17895
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New Hampshire
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Child Support and Child Custody
  • English
  • Spanish
Legal Answers
Q. I'm a stay at home mom who hasn't worked in 4 years. My husband wants a divorce, my child attends school from 9-12.
A: You should receive some type of support. This is a great forum for general legal questions. However, it sounds as if you will need more detailed assistance. You should contact an experienced family attorney in your area to discuss your case.
Q. My 19 year old son is no longer going to College and recently moved out of his mother's house and got an Apt.
A: You should file a Complaint for Modification immediately if your son has moved out of the custodial parent's home permanently. It is likely he is now emancipated. However, if he moves back with the custodial parent and/or continues with college he may become un-emancipated again.
Q. Can an illegal immigrant succeed in getting a child support order against a legal resident? s s
A: The court will not take into account your immigration status. You should file you complaint for child support immediately.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Socci & Nieves Family Law Group, LLP
Contact & Map
Socci & Nieves Family Law Group, LLP
859 Turnpike Street, Suite 130
North Andover, MA 01845
Toll-Free: (978) 780-3400
Telephone: (978) 780-3400
Cell: (978) 780-3400
Fax: (978) 780-3401
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed (Today)
Sunday: Closed