Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Texas A&M University - College Station
- B.A. (1977)
- Glendale University-College of Law
- J.D. (1992)
- Attorney at Law
- MONTES & ASSOCIATES
- - Current
- Provide legal advice to management and staff regarding lease maintenance, title issues, state oil and gas regulation and other various exploration and production related issues in particular. Render guidance to ensure compliance with the laws and regulations of the federal, states and local governments in general. Negotiate mineral lease ratifications with royalty owners. Draft and negotiate oil and gas acquisition and divestiture agreements, acreage trade agreements, exploration and development agreements, unit and joint operating agreements, farmout agreements, purchasing and materials procurement agreements, natural gas gathering and sales agreements and seismic agreements among others. Respond to, and or initiate lawsuits and discovery request on behalf of individuals and oil company clients. Litigate all types of personal injury, real estate, criminal defense, divorce and business disputes.
- Senior Partner
- Garcia Well Services and Drilling, Inc.
- Primary responsibilities include drafting and negotiating oil and gas acquisition and divestiture agreements, acreage trade agreements, exploration and development agreements, unit and joint operating agreements, farmout agreements, purchasing and materials procurement agreements, natural gas gathering and sales agreements and seismic agreements. Responsible for overseeing the plugging and abandonment of depleted oil and gas wells; supervise the maintenance and logistics of a workover rig with its associated equipment and personnel.
Articles & Publications
- "Nitrogen-LPG Achieve Miscibility at High Temperatures"
- Petroleum Engineer International
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Southern District of Texas
- 9th Circuit
- Free Consultation
Initial thirty minute consultation is free of charge.
- Contingent Fees
On a case by case basis.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Depending on the case and the situation, I will work with that client to determine a reasonable legal cost for the benefit that client anticipates.
- Energy, Oil and Gas
- Family Law
- Insurance Claims
- Personal Injury
Additional Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- General Civil
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
Contact & Map