(206) 607-7976Tap to Call This Lawyer
Minda Anya ThorwardFamily-based immigration, appeals, federal litigation & removal defense
- Immigration Law
- District of Columbia, Maryland, Washington
Claimed Lawyer Profile
I left the corporate and big firm world to pursue my passion: immigration law. As a passionate, lifelong advocate of human rights and social justice, I found my calling as an immigration attorney. I view the practice of law as a collaborative effort between client and attorney, and strive to build professional relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
- University of Baltimore School of Law
- J.D. (2006)
- Attorney Owner
- Thorward Immigration Law, PLLC
- - Current
- Provide legal representation and advocacy for family immigration matters, including but not limited to family-based petitions, affirmative asylum and U/T visa applications, as well as removal defense, and appeals before the Board of Immigration Appeals and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Of Counsel, Immigration Attorney
- Sound Immigration
- - Current
- Of Counsel immigration attorney at Washington's first web-based immigration law firm. We provide legal representation and advice to clients for Naturalization and Marriage-Based Adjustment cases. We are striving to increase client access to attorneys by delivering legal services across Washington State using video-conferencing and an interactive, web-based platform.
- Compliance Attorney
- Ameritrust Law Group, LLC
- Research compliance and ethics issues on a national and state-by-state basis to ensure the firm, and its in-house and affiliated attorneys comply with all legal and regulatory obligations in various areas of law, as well as any applicable rules of professional conduct. Advise managing partners regarding possible corrective courses of action and risk prevention strategies within a cost-benefit framework to minimize any possible firm liabilities. Lead development and implementation of firm compliance policies and procedure.
- Solo Practitioner
- Minda A. Thorward, Attorney At Law
- Practice area focused primarily on real estate and small business, and simple family law matters. Provided volunteer legal services in the areas of women’s rights and social justice. Also worked as a Contractual Attorney for Ober Kaler as one of two members of the privilege review team responsible for reviewing prior privilege calls, downgrading the documents and drafting privilege log descriptions.
- Legal Research Consultant, Government Sector
- Lexis Nexis
- Provided reactive and proactive in-field customer support, training, and consultative services for State and Local Government customers in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware and the District of Columbia. Devised and implemented strategic initiatives for driving usage and promoting the value of the LexisNexis research services, investigative solutions, and document management systems. Cultivated strategic relationships within accounts by becoming a trusted business partner for key points of contact and decision-makers. Developed practical and technical expertise across multiple product families, and exceptional proficiency in legal researching skills. Promoted after only three months in territory and awarded for outstanding customer service within four months of promotion.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar
- 9th Circuit
Credit Cards Accepted
4% convenience fee applies to all credit card transactions.
- Immigration Law
- Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
Contact & Map