Barry Chapin is registered patent attorney with over 19 years of experience in patent and intellectual property law. He prepares patents in areas such as software, computers, and electronics. He also provides opinions, due diligence, trademark work and counsels clients ranging in size from Fortune 500 technology companys to mid-sized and start-ups. He and his firm also work with venture capital firms, major universities, and even independent inventors.
- State University of New York - College at Potsdam
- B.S. | Computer Science
- Suffolk University
- J.D. | Intellectual Property
- Patent Attorney / Managing Partner / Founder
- Chapin Intellectual Property Law, LLC
- - Current
- Founded in 1999, Chapin IP Law is a mid-sized patent and IP Law firm that provides quality patent work at costs that are substantially below those of large patent law firms. Chapin IP Law only hires experienced patent attorneys. We have strong technical backgrounds and focus in areas such as software, computers, electronics, medical devices, mechanical systems, and other areas.
- Senior Associate
- Hamilton, Brook Smith & Reynolds, P.C.
- Patent Attorney in electrical, comptuer and software areas.
- Patent Attorney / Agent
- Wolf, Greenfield & Sacks, P.C.
- Patent work in electronics, software and computer arts.
- Network Engineer
- Draper Laboratory
- Unix network engineer and software developer
- Software Engineer
- GTE Government Systems
- Software and hardware development
- Registered Patent Attorney
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- 40 Under 40 Winner - Worcester Business Journal
- Worceter Business Journal
- Mr. Chapin recipient of the prestigious "40 Under Forty" award by the Worcester Business Journal. The award recognizes a select group of leaders in the Massachusetts business community who are outstanding in their fields.
- Massachusetts State Bar
- - Current
- U.S. Patent Office
- Free Consultation
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Mid-sized Patent Law firm of experienced only patent attorneys. Reasonable rates $220-$320/hour, outsanding work quality.
- Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Intellectual Property
Patent Appeals, Patent Litigation, Patent Prosecution
- Software electrical medical devices