As an independent fee appraiser, Jon has appraised $1.5 billion of commercial real estate in a wide variety of property types from Texas to Florida to Upstate New York, and just about every state in between.
Jon has worked with accountants, attorneys, business brokers, real estate brokers, CFOs, dentists, medical doctors, veterinarians, developers, lenders, buyers, owner-occupants, and investors (including prominent multi-generational family businesses).
His appraisal work has been in the areas of lending, investments, mergers, acquisitions, partnership and corporate buy-ins and buy-outs, estate planning, trusts and estates, charitable gifting, property tax (ad valorem taxation), divorce (property settlement), collateral used for supersedeas bonds (appeal bonds), bankruptcy/foreclosure confirmations.
JonÃ¢s valuation experience includes not just market value, but value in use, going concern value, business value and insurable value.
Jon is qualified to perform cost segregation studies, and, because he is both a lawyer and an appraiser, Jon is also qualified to serve as a property tax arbitrator and referee.
- University System of Georgia - Georgia State University
- M.B.A. - Finance | M.B.A. - Finance
- The University of Georgia School of Law
- J.D. (1992) | Law
- Activities: Notes Editor, Georgia Law Review Editor, Georgia Law Review Published, Georgia Law Review
- Cornell University
- B.A. | Government
- Georgia Real Estate Sales Licensee
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
- Active Member in Good Standing
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia State Bar
- - Current
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Law