Claimed Lawyer Profile
NC Licensed attorney providing residential real estate legal services to Buyers, Sellers and Homeowners.
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- J.D / Law
- Honors: * American Jurisprudence Award in Evidence * Dean’s List: Spring 1989, Spring 1990
- Duke University
- B.S / Psychology
- Honors: * Dean’s List: 1982-1985 * Duke/Oxford Summer Program, Oxford University, Oxford, England, Summer 1984 * Varsity Swimming: 1981-1983
- Stewman, Booker & Love Law, PC
- - Current
- Responsible for all legal services related to residential and commercial purchases and refinances, business advising. Review external business, real estate, and other documents for compliance with applicable rules, regulations and policies, prepare compliant internal documents as needed, and develop and implement processes to efficiently manage the review, creation, and implementation of compliant documents. Provide intake, title search, loan compliance, document preparation, and closing services for residential and commercial real estate.
- Love Law
- Responsible for all legal services related to residential and commercial purchases and refinances, business advising. * Review external business, real estate, and other documents for compliance with applicable rules, regulations and policies, prepare compliant internal documents as needed, and develop and implement processes to efficiently manage the review, creation, and implementation of compliant documents. * Provide intake, title search, loan compliance, document preparation, and closing services for residential and commercial real estate.
- Contract Negotiator
- Candle Corporation
- Responsible for closing software license agreements and services agreements, as well as related contract administration for commercial and federal customers for a 25 year old, $300+ million software company. * Provided strategic counsel at a higher level than previously available as part of the internal sales team before, during, and after sales negotiations. * Reviewed internal and external documents for compliance with applicable rules, regulations and policies and implemented necessary revisions. * Led territories to repeated company leading sales performances and to sales performance exceeding company average in 1998 through 2000. * Negotiated first sale of new product line implementing a revised business model. This large sale to a challenging financial industry customer was an internal benchmark and a model for future commercial sales, and resulted in significant internal recognition and financial awards for the Sales team. * Transferred to under-managed and under-performing territories to salvage existing Contracts team, leading to a 50%-100% reduction in anticipated employee turnover and the development of a well functioning team which achieved significant and unanticipated increases in both customer satisfaction as well as revenues recovered from preexisting contract administration errors. * Led Southeastern territory to over 100% of goal as lead negotiator on a 14 month, multi-million dollar sales opportunity by reconciling demanding customer needs and satisfying preexisting customer satisfaction issues despite more than 100% turnover in the applicable account managers and regional sales managers. * Led protracted negotiations for crucial new product line to the State of North Carolina, including completion of strenuous negotiations under stringent newly implemented state procurement regulations, resulting in more than $2,000,000 in sales and a model for subsequent sales to other state governments. * Completed a variety of difficult sales negotiations in excess of $1,000,000 within the New York financial services industry by balancing numerous customer demands while maximizing revenue recognition within applicable accounting guidelines and company policies.
- Associate Marketing Counsel
- SAS Institute Inc.
- Responsible for internal and customer negotiations of software licenses and services agreements for a $400+ million software company, including training and support to Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Contract Administration departments. * Selected to draft a new license agreement and related documents for a significant new software and services product. Crafted a package of new documents balancing the needs of various Institute departments under a revised business model, allowing a transition to a revised revenue model for the new products. Designed and delivered a training program for Sales, Marketing and other Institute departments introducing the revised business and revenue model and the associated documents, shortening the sales cycle and speeding the revenue flow for the new products. * Led territories to goal-exceeding sales performance in every sales year while handling the most sophisticated and challenging customers. * Developed competence in analysis of federal government procurement regulations through self-guided study, leading to the transfer of primary responsibility for such analysis from supervisor. * Developed primary departmental expertise in nondisclosure agreements, collaborated on a nondisclosure agreement intake form and developed appropriate training materials, distributed the intake form and training materials outside of the Legal department and trained Legal department on its use, resulting in significant improvements in response time and quality of nondisclosure agreement requests.
- Robert M Love, Attorney
- Provided counseling on protection of Intellectual Property, real estate transactions, family and employment based immigration matters, corporate formation and business structure counseling, general business agreements, wills and estates, traffic violations and civil litigation. * Emphasized efficient and appropriate automation to minimize overhead resulting in immediate profitability. Robert M. Love, Attorney at Law, Durham, North Carolina 1993-1994 Consultant Drafted and negotiated Clinical Research Agreements between Glaxo Wellcome, Inc. and various clinical research sites. * Created and implemented a document automation system designed to streamline Glaxo Wellcome’s high volume clinical contracting process. System improved the efficiency and quality of the Clinical Research Agreements produced aiding the customer in handling a multi-month backlog of incomplete work before the expiration of the contract period.
- North Carolina State Bar
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- English: Spoken, Written
Websites & Blogs
- Stewman, Booker & Love Law, PC
Contact & Map