Free Consultation: (540) 985-0098Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mrs Lauren Morgan Ellerman

Mrs Lauren Morgan Ellerman

Frith & Ellerman Law Firm
  • Medical Malpractice, Business Law, Personal Injury ...
  • Virginia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Married, mother, Roanoke resident and Northern Virginia native.

University of Richmond School of Law
Honors: Cum Laude
University of Richmond School of Law Logo
College of William and Mary
B.A. | English, Government
Honors: Commencement Speaker
College of William and Mary Logo
Professional Experience
Frith Ellerman & Davis Law Firm
- Current
Associate Attorney
Frith Law Firm
- Current
Litigation Associate with Frith Law Firm
Sevila, Saunders, Huddleston & White, PC
General Practice Associate - criminal, civil and domestic litigation practice, Leesburg Virginia.
Summer Associate
Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick
Tampa Florida Litigation Firm
Articles & Publications
A Practitioner's Guide to Business Tort Litigation
Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
How to Beat your Virginia Non-Compete
Word Association Publishers
Interviews, the Good the Bad and the Funny
Virginia Lawyers Weekly
Speaking Engagements
VTLA May Torts Seminar, Richmond / Roanoke
Virginia Trial Lawyers
Taught How to present Damages Evidence to Virginia personal injury attorneys
Top 100 lawyers in Virginia
One of the only female plaintiff attorneys named top 100 attorneys in Virginia
Best Law Firms in America
US News
Nominee Influential Woman of the Year Award
Va Lawyers Weekly
Young Lawyer of the Year
Roanoke Bar Association
Professional Associations
Virginia Women Attorneys Association
Roanoke Chapter Officer
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Virginia Trial Lawyer Association
Membership Committee
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    On all injury cases
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa and MasterCard
  • Contingent Fees
    33% on Personal Injury and 40% for Medical Malpractice and Nursing Home Abuse
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Business litigation is hourly. Please call for hourly rate.
Practice Areas
Medical Malpractice
Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
Business Law
Business Litigation
Personal Injury
Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Employment Law
Employment Contracts
Legal Answers
Q. Can you sue for Malpractice after being left to birth in a toilet at a hospital?
A: I am so sorry this happened.

I am so glad you and your baby are ok.

No, you don't have a viable malpractice claim. I would recommend sending a letter to the hospital and let them know how upsetting this was - but beyond that, you do not have a compensable claim under Virginia law that we would recommend pursuing. The costs of litigation would far exceed any recovery.

I am so sorry as I know this was stressful and made delivery even more difficult. However, it is not a viable lawsuit.

Wishing you the best.
Q. My brother died in Virginia . I live in Texas and am named in his will as executor. Can I sign a proxy to an attorney.
A: Who does the Will appoint as Executor?

You can contest that appointment and should hire an attorney in the town / county where he lived - but usually, whoever the Will appoints is allowed to to qualify.

Also, Virginia does have a statute that if you cause someone's death you can't profit from their death. So if he is found guilty he won't likely receive any inheritance.

Bottom line - you'll need an Estates Attorney where he lived.
Q. i was administered an antibiotic i am allergic to w/o my consent nor a physician order at a nc hospital. what do i do?
A: I am so sorry to hear what happened.

Some preliminary issues - NC law (not Virginia law) governs your potential claim so call a NC attorney to seek help.

While it is clearly negligent to administer a medication someone is allergic to, that is not the only question when deciding whether you have a case. You must also prove the negligence caused permanent and life changing injury - or else the costs of litigation will easily exceed any recovery.

Almost having a terrible reaction is not something you can recover for under the law.

So if your medication needs now are permanent, expensive and life changing - you may have a malpractice claim. Call a NC attorney and ask.

If temporary, we recommend you file a complaint with the hospital.

I know it doesn't seem fair (clear negligence) but the law is deeply focused on outcome - which as a public policy is likely a good thing.

Wishing you the best -
... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
303 Washington Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24016
Telephone: (540) 985-0098
Telephone: (540) 985-0098