Free Consultation: (909) 381-2771Tap to Call This Lawyer
Nancy J. Wallace

Nancy J. Wallace

Real Workers Comp Help: Nancy Wallace, Attorney at Law
  • Workers' Compensation
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Nancy has more than 30 years of experience in workers comp in the Inland Empire, starting as a law clerk defending Comp Insurance Companies, watching insurance companies refuse help people seriously hurt at work. In 1994, she left defense to represent only injured workers. Nancy knows what it is to be injured and trying to work and support a family. In the Inland Empire 30 years, Nancy knows which physicians and facilities truly help injured workers (and which ones just give lip service but no help). Nancy answers questions for workers throughout the state on,, and on her website:

Western State College of Law at Argosy University
J.D. | Law
Honors: American Jurisprudence Award, Criminal Procedure; Editor, The Dictum (Student newspaper); Honors Moot Court
Activities: Women's Law Association; Latino Student Bar Assoc.
Western State College of Law at Argosy University Logo
Professional Experience
Nancy Wallace, Attorney at Law
- Current
Represented Injured Workers and Physicians and Diagnostic Facilities before the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board.
Judge Pro Tem, Small Claims Court
County of San Bernardino Superior Court
Small Claims Court matters
Kegel Tobin & Truce
Defended Travelers, School Districts in Workers' Compensation actions across Calif.
Mark & Bolson
Workers' Compensation defense for The Hartford, Farmers, County of Riverside, County of San Bernardino, San Bernardino City School District.
Parker & Dally
Workers Compensation Defense PLUS Estate Planning
Speaking Engagements
Workers Comp: Welcome to Outer Space, Law Day, Anaheim
Handel on the Law
A talk on the new regulations for securing medications and treatment under the current workers comp laws, and why adjusters get to deny medication and doctor visits and how to fix that.
Lawyers of Distinction
Three Best Rated San BErnardino Employment Lawyers
Honored as one of the best 3 Employment Law attorneys in the San Bernardino Valley.
Top Contributor Award
Found to be a Top Contributor by peers on Avvo for outstanding answers to Workers Compensation questions
Client's Choice Award
Clients' Favorite Workers Compensation attorney for 2012
Professional Associations
San Bernardino County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Lawyers of Distinction
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Calif. Applicants' Attorneys assoc.
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Assoc.
- Current
Activities: Law Day
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    YOU don't ever write me a check; the Judge orders the insurer to pay me after I help you get paid on your claim.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Workers Comp fees are just 15%, NOT 40% like personal injury attorneys. NO FEE IS PAID UNTIL YOUR CLAIM CLOSES. [You never pay the fee directly...the insurer pays a part of your award to the attorney, per the judge's order.]
Practice Area
    Workers' Compensation
  • Spanish: Written
  • Tagalog: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. Employer wants employee's medical info without medical release, is that legal?
A: This is listed in WORKERS COMPENSATION so I'll have to presume there is an on-the-job-injury and the worker has placed her physical condition in issue requesting treatment and disability payments; when there is a WCAB Case Number, the subpena service can get those records because the injured worker has put her medical history at issue. BUT they need that state WCAB ADJ number to do so. The medical facility shouldn't release any records to anybody without a state court case number or a signed records release.
Q. Work comp doc put me on full duty trial, employer won't let me return. Am still in pain, doc says can't help anymore?
A: You're in PHOENIX? I can only answer for CALIFORNIA workers comp claims. The SMART solution is to change Primary Treating PHysicians to one who is only your side instead of 'in bed' with the insurance company. IF the doctor you are with now already wrote "MMI" then you're sort of married to him, you can't undo the damage he's done (changing now won't make any difference, that report will follow you forever, and the judge could issue a finding on it). So the 'neck hurts on a daily basis' equals nothing if the treating doctor fails to document it as permanent disability. There is no such thing as 'pain & suffering' in California Workers Comp. If you have a medical report in hand that states you are at Maximum Medical Improvement and you can return to all pre-injury work duties, then your employer MUST permit you to return to your old job. If you have a Max Medical Improvement report in hand with Permanent Work Restrictions and this employer has no work for a person with those permanent restrictions, then the employer does not have to make a special new job for you. But if those permanent restrictions can be 'matched' with a 'reasonable accommodation" (you take the elevator instead of the stairs), then the employer must take you back and make the reasonable accommodation. If you have a work status report that orders you to Full Duty with No Restrictions, and the employer refuses to let you try full duty, then you have a violation of Labor Code 132a and you file an action against the employer (it's too tough to do unrepresented you'll need a lawyer for the 132a petition) insisting the judge order them to take you back to work, plus pay you your lost wages.
Q. Is there a law stating the max attorney fees for workers comp cases in CA? I've read 15% one lawyer is asking 18%
A: The Labor Code just says 'reasonable' which is as clear as mud. The FEE DISCLOSURE FORM you signed at the outset says 9-12%. The WCAB Judges regularly award 15%. The judges in MARINA DEL REY award 18% because the rent is so much higher around that region. But it's just practice, it isn't a code section. SO INSIST THE LAWYER FILE THE APPLICATION IN LONG BEACH OR LA and not in Marina Del Rey to keep 3% more of your $$$ in YOUR pocket.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Grand Terrace Professional Plaza
22365 Barton Road Suite 202
Grand Terrace, CA 92313
Telephone: (909) 381-2771
Fax: (909) 381-2791
Monday: 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Tuesday: 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Wednesday: 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Thursday: 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Friday: 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Saturday: 12 PM - 4 PM
Sunday: Closed (Today)
Notice: Weekends and evenings by appointment. Telephone conferences 7 days/week. First consult is free.
San Bernardino Mountains
PO Bx 2389
Lake Gregory, CA 92325
Telephone: (909) 381-2771
Fax: (909) 381-2791
Monday: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Tuesday: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Wednesday: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Thursday: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Friday: 4:30 PM - 8 PM
Saturday: 4:30 PM - 7 PM
Sunday: Closed (Today)
Notice: Weekends and evenings by appointment. I can meet you at Higher Grounds Coffee in Crestline, and Starbucks inside Jensens in Blue jay. Your first consultation is free.