Neil Groberg, Attorney at Law, provides mediation, arbitration, facilitation, teaching, training, and independent harassment investigations in Vermont, throughout the Northeast and beyond! Employers and employees, businesses, aggrieved individuals and others rely on Neil and the almost 40 years of experience he brings to the table.
Neil graduated from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and Hofstra University School of Law. He enhanced his formal education by, among other things, completing a Mediation Certificate course sponsored by the University of Connecticut Labor Education Center, three Executive Leadership courses and extensive Improvisation training.
Taking advantage of his superior education, training and experience, Neil has successfully resolved many disputes that were already in - or bound for - litigation.
Throughout his career in employment law he confronted a variety of business and employment issues. Neil is acutely aware of the negative impact litigation has on all participants in a business, health care non-profit or employment setting. As a result he vigorously pursues solving disputes before they degenerate into litigation.
Neil’s years of legal experience involved issues related to employment, health care, general corporate, commercial real estate, computer, contracts, insurance, real estate, and tax law. He has worked for a major unionized transportation organization, a national publicly-traded commercial insurance company, a civil rights organization and in his private counseling practice. Through his own firm he advised many diverse organizations including automobile dealerships, health care providers, non-profits and web providers. In addition, he has counseled individuals with employment-related conflicts.
Teaching college and graduate students in employment law, business law and health care law keeps Neil up to date on the constant challenges and changes in these laws.
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
- J.D. | J.D.
- Honors: Moot Court Honors
- University of Pennsylvania
- B.S. | Human Resources and Labor Relations
- Neil Groberg Attorney at Law LLC
- - Current
- Firm now engaged primarily in mediation, arbitration, facilitation, training and teaching on employment law and workplace matters
- Adjunct Professor Employment Law
- Quinnipiac Univesity School of Business/College of Professional Studies
- Teaching course entitled "Employment Law for the Non-Lawyer" to Master of Science in Organizational Leadership candidates
- Associate Director
- Anti-Defamation League- Connecticut Regional Office
- Activities included managing responses to discrimination complaints, press and legislative relations.
- Associate General Counsel promoted from Assistant Counsel
- Orion Capital Companies
- I worked at Orion Capital, (merged into Royal-Sun Alliance Insurance Group and currently operating as Arrowpoint Capital Corporation) a multi-state employer of over 2,000 employees, primarily as an employment attorney. I provided counsel to senior management of the operating divisions of the company on issues including benefits, compensation, wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, and reductions in force. I managed complex corporate and employment litigation; participated in numerous mediations and negotiated dozens of employment severance packages. Other major responsibilities included acting as lead counsel for the group's workers compensation insurance division; and counseling on computer contracts, and trade secrets. I was also secretary to Orion's State and Federal Political Actions Committees.
- Assistant Counsel and Assistant Secretary
- Metro-North Railroad
- I was on the legal staff which provides counsel on all aspects of operations of this 6,000-employee transportation company. Working with the management of the Railroad, my role included participation in contract negotiations; real estate transactions; internal policy formulation; interfacing with outside counsel and government agencies; administrative hearings and litigation; and corporate secretarial functions.
- Assistant to the Labor Counsel
- New York State Office of the Special Deputy Controller for New York City
- I participated in the legally mandated review of collective bargaining agreements between New York City and the municipal public employee unions. I was responsible for reviewing the agreements and writing publicly released reports, which analyzed the legal, labor relations and financial impact of collective bargaining agreements.
- Mediation Certificate
- University of Connecticut Labor Education Center
- Leadership Alumni of the Year
- Cheshire Connecticut Chamber of Commerce
- Burlington Vermont Ward 6 Neighborhood Planning Assembly
- Steering Committee Member
- - Current
- Activities: City of Burlington legislatively created Assemblies for each "Ward" (district) in town. TheIr are monthly meetings exploring community and city issues. Steering Committee members responsible for preparing agenda, arranging speakers and facilitating meetings.
- Vermont Bar Associaton
- Member of ADR and Employment Law Sections
- - Current
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Member of Employment Law and ADR Sections
- - Current
- Town Of Cheshire Connecticut Retirement Fund Board
- Board Member
- Activities: Appointed by the Cheshire Town Council, the Board is responsible for th ooversight of the town employee retirement fund of excess of $50 million dollars
- New York State Bar # 1669423
- New York
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Fees and retainers are determined on a matter by matter basis. Please call for further details.
- Employment Law
- Mediation and Arbitration