Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
- J.D. | J.D.
- Honors: Moot Court Honors
- University of Pennsylvania
- B.S. | Human Resources and Labor Relations
- Adjunct Professor Health Care Law
- Champlain College
- - Current
- Teaching Health Care Law course to B.S. and Masters of Health Care Administration students. I have been cited several times for "exemplary teaching and real dedication to providing a high quality education experience.
- Neil Groberg Attorney at Law LLC
- - Current
- Firm now engaged primarily in mediation, arbitration, facilitation, training and teaching on employment law and workplace matters
- Adjunct Professor Business Law
- Goodwin College
- Adjunct Professor Employment Law
- Quinnipiac Univesity School of Business/College of Professional Studies
- Teaching course entitled "Employment Law for the Non-Lawyer" to Master of Science in Organizational Leadership candidates
- Associate Director
- Anti-Defamation League- Connecticut Regional Office
- Activities included managing responses to discrimination complaints, press and legislative relations.
- Associate General Counsel promoted from Assistant Counsel
- Orion Capital Companies
- I worked at Orion Capital, (merged into Royal-Sun Alliance Insurance Group and currently operating as Arrowpoint Capital Corporation) a multi-state employer of over 2,000 employees, primarily as an employment attorney. I provided counsel to senior management of the operating divisions of the company on issues including benefits, compensation, wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, and reductions in force. I managed complex corporate and employment litigation; participated in numerous mediations and negotiated dozens of employment severance packages. Other major responsibilities included acting as lead counsel for the group's workers compensation insurance division; and counseling on computer contracts, and trade secrets. I was also secretary to Orion's State and Federal Political Actions Committees.
- Assistant Counsel and Assistant Secretary
- Metro-North Railroad
- I was on the legal staff which provides counsel on all aspects of operations of this 6,000-employee transportation company. Working with the management of the Railroad, my role included participation in contract negotiations; real estate transactions; internal policy formulation; interfacing with outside counsel and government agencies; administrative hearings and litigation; and corporate secretarial functions.
- Assistant to the Labor Counsel
- New York State Office of the Special Deputy Controller for New York City
- I participated in the legally mandated review of collective bargaining agreements between New York City and the municipal public employee unions. I was responsible for reviewing the agreements and writing publicly released reports, which analyzed the legal, labor relations and financial impact of collective bargaining agreements.
- "Types of Mediation" in Conjunction with Rick Hecht, Esq. and an improv troupe from the Vermont Comedy Club , Vermont Bar Association Annual Meeting , Burlington Vermont
- Vermont Bar Association
- Utilizing Improvisation as demonstrated by members of the Vermont Comedy Club's lead improv team, various types of mediation were demonstrated with Attorney Hecht and I moderating.
- Mediation Certificate
- University of Connecticut Labor Education Center
- Leadership Alumni of the Year
- Cheshire Connecticut Chamber of Commerce
- Vermont Bar Associaton
- Member of Dispute Resolution and Employment Law Sections
- - Current
- Activities: Co-Chair of Dispute Resolution Section
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Member of Employment Law and ADR Sections
- - Current
- Burlington Vermont Ward 6 Neighborhood Planning Assembly
- Steering Committee Member
- Activities: City of Burlington legislatively created Assemblies for each "Ward" (district) in town. TheIr are monthly meetings exploring community and city issues. Steering Committee members responsible for preparing agenda, arranging speakers and facilitating meetings.
- Town Of Cheshire Connecticut Retirement Fund Board
- Board Member
- Activities: Appointed by the Cheshire Town Council, the Board is responsible for th ooversight of the town employee retirement fund of excess of $50 million dollars
- New York State Bar  # 1669423
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Fees and retainers are determined on a matter by matter basis. Please call for further details.
- Employment Law
Additional Practice Area
- Mediation and Arbitration
Contact & Map