Padideh Seyed Jafari

Padideh Seyed Jafari

  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Mrs. Jafari is a graduate of Southwestern University School of Law. She received a Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies and minor in Psychology from Loyola Marymount University.

In 2003, Mrs. Jafari began her private practice in Sherman Oaks, California representing clients in all family law matters such as divorce, mediation and collaborative law. By using her background in psychology and law, Mrs. Jafari helps her clients navigate the dissolution process from in-take through settlement in the most competent and compassionate way.

Academic Positions:

-NYU Schack (Assistant Adjunct Professor: Real Estate Law)

-Southern California Institute of Law (Adjunct Professor: Family Law; Community Property)

Loyola Marymount Univ
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Southwestern Univ School of Law
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Southwestern University School of Law
Southwestern University School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
California State Bar  # 225505
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of California
ID Number: 225505
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Farsi: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. What make judge deny spousal support?
A: Judges consider various factors when deciding whether to grant spousal support. Given your situation, where you have been separated since 2020, were married for nearly 14 years, and both have entered new relationships without cohabiting with new partners, these factors will all play a role in the court's decision. Your ex's ability to pay, alongside the lifestyle maintained during the marriage and the contributions each of you made, will likely be critical considerations. Most things won't result in the complete denial of alimony but they can all have an effective on the specifics of the courts order.

Here are some general considerations:

Self-Sufficiency: If your currently have sufficient income or resources to be self-sufficient, a judge may decide that spousal support is not necessary.

Duration of the Marriage: Shorter marriages might result in a denial of spousal support or only temporary support. Since your marriage lasted nearly 14 years, this factor may weigh in your favor, as longer marriages are more likely to lead to spousal support awards.

Marital Misconduct: In some jurisdictions, evidence of marital misconduct (e.g., adultery, abuse) by the spouse seeking support can affect the decision. The impact of such misconduct on spousal support decisions varies widely between different legal systems.

Financial Needs and Abilities: The court will consider both your financial needs and your ex-spouse's ability to pay. This includes looking at both parties' current income, debt, and living expenses.

Contribution to the Marriage: Contributions to the marriage, including non-financial contributions such as homemaking, education, and career-building support for the other spouse, can also influence spousal support decisions.

Current Living Situations and Relationships: While being in a new relationship may not automatically disqualify you from receiving spousal support, cohabitation with a new partner might reduce your perceived need for support, depending on local laws. The financial assistance or support provided by a new partner can be a factor in some jurisdictions.

If you have children together: How caring for children impacted either of your careers, who has custody, and how that

parent working will now impact your child(ren) will all be taken into consideration as well.

For specific guidance tailored to your circumstances, you should consult a family law attorney such as myself in your area.
... Read More
Q. If we agree verbally on a child visitation schedule can he just default to the MSA when he feels like it?
A: Verbal agreements regarding child visitation are not legally binding unless formally incorporated into a court order or a revised Marital Settlement Agreement (MSA).

However, In any legal action involving children, the court will consider the best interests of the children above all else. If the week-on-week-off schedule is not in the best interests of your children, and particularly if it is causing them distress, this is something that should be discussed with your attorney and potentially brought to the attention of the court. Also, while the verbal agreement is not legally binding, having a record of it, along with any communication between you and your ex-spouse about the agreement, can be helpful. This might include texts, emails, or notes from conversations where the agreement was discussed.

If the informal arrangement has been working well for over a year and is in the best interests of the children, you might consider formalizing this arrangement by modifying the MSA. This would typically involve a legal process and the agreement of both parties.
... Read More
Q. what should i do if i can show proof of falsified information in a report in order to remove my children from my care?
A: If you have evidence of falsified information in a report that led to your children being removed from your care, and evidence of your signature being forged for mail redirection, it's crucial to take immediate and organized legal action. Here are the steps you should consider:

Document Everything: Keep a detailed record of all the evidence you have gathered, including the forged documents, the incorrect address on CPS court documents, and any recordings or other evidence of rights violations.

Contact an Attorney: Consult with a family law attorney who has experience in child custody and CPS cases immediately. An attorney can provide you with legal advice specific to your situation and help you navigate the complexities of the legal system.

File a Report with Law Enforcement: Forgery and falsification of documents are criminal offenses. You should consider reporting this evidence to the police or the appropriate law enforcement agency.

Prepare for Court: Work closely with your attorney to prepare for a court hearing. Your attorney can help you file the necessary legal motions, present your evidence effectively, and advocate for your rights and the best interests of your children.

Challenge the CPS Report: Your attorney can help you challenge the CPS report and any other decisions or reports based on falsified information. This might involve presenting your evidence in court, cross-examining witnesses, and arguing for the return of your children.

Consider a Civil Rights Complaint: If your constitutional rights have been violated, your attorney might advise you to file a complaint with a civil rights organization or pursue a civil rights lawsuit.

It's important to act promptly and to work closely with your attorney throughout this process. The allegations you're facing are serious, and having legal representation is crucial in protecting your rights and pursuing the best possible outcome for you and your children.
... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Jafari Law And Mediation Office Website
Contact & Map
Jafari Law and Mediation Office
620 Newport Center Dr,
Ste 1100
Newport Beach, CA 92603
Telephone: (310) 880-4541
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Sunday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Jafari Law and Mediation Office
15260 Ventura Boulevard
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Telephone: (310) 880-4541
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Sunday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM