Free Consultation: (707) 422-8800Tap to Call This Lawyer
Patricia Ann Brinkley

Patricia Ann Brinkley

Law Office of Patricia A. Simmons
  • Elder Law, Estate Planning, Probate
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Practicing law since February 1994 in the areas of drafting wills, trusts, estate and trust administration, durable powers of attorney, conservatorship, guardianship, adoption and name change. Public speaker at civic, senior and other community organization to discuss estate planning issues. Member of the State Bar of California.

University of San Francisco School of Law
J.D. (1991) | Law
University of San Francisco School of Law Logo
University of California - Berkeley
B.A. (1981) | Psychology
University of California - Berkeley Logo
Professional Experience
Law Office of Patricia A. Simmons
- Current
Areas of law include: Drafting wills, estate and trust admininstration, conservatorship, guardianship and adoption. Family and Juvenile law on a case by case basis.
Killian & Associates
Practice areas included: will drafting, estate administration and conservatorship. Representation of personal representatives or heirs/beneficiaries.
Professional Associations
California State Bar  # 169858
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Free half hour consultation.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Hourly rate $400.00
Practice Areas
Elder Law
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Legal Answers
Q. How can I get power of Attorney for my ex husband after his stroke? He doesn't understand & can not write
A: Unfortunately, since your ex-husband suffered a stroke and currently cannot understand, he cannot execute a power of attorney. You should contact a probate attorney who handles conservatorships, to have an conservatorship established for him, to preserve his finances and his assets.
Q. I am the administrator for my brother's estate. When can I sell his vehicle?
A: You may sell the vehicle after the probate referee has appraised all the estate's assets. If you have full authority, you can sell after you receive the appraised value of the vehicle. If you have limited authority, you may need court approval to sell assets. Contact a probate attorney to discuss your options.
Q. How do I petition the court to start the probate process for my deceased mother? She had no will.
A: You should immediately contact a probate attorney to assist you. If your mother did not have a will, you and/or any one of your other siblings could have started the process. Someone should have notified the bank shortly after your mother passed so that the account could be frozen until someone had been appointed the administrator. If no one is making the mortgage payments, the home could be at risk for foreclosure. In addition, the leased car should be returned if none of the siblings can assume the lease.

Yes, you can request an accounting of the funds from the date of your mother's death until the time an Administrator is appointed.

Call a probate attorney as soon as possible to preserve the estate's assets. ... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Patricia A. Brinkley, Attorney at Law
PO Box 336572
North Las Vegad, NV 89033
Telephone: (707) 422-8800
Monday: Closed
Tuesday: 10 AM - 3 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM - 3 PM
Thursday: 10 AM - 3 PM
Friday: Closed (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed