I have a passion for helping each of my clients navigate through issues that are often confusing and overwhelming. I’m willing to meet their needs any time, any where— including at their homes, or during evenings and weekends.
Your well-being is very important to me, and from the very beginning I will give you the support and guidance you need to get you through your situation.
When you are dealing with a legal matter, you need an attorney in your corner who will truly listen, care, and understand where you're coming from.
Your family is the most important thing in your life, and you need an attorney that is dedicated to protecting families. I have over two decades of experience handling divorces, child custody, child support, alimony, grandparent’s visitation rights, division of marital and non-marital assets, adoptions, modifications of current custody and support orders, paternity, separate maintenance actions, name changes, DHS cases, and other domestic matters. I have litigation experience in all areas of domestic relations and have litigated all of the chief issues that the courts are routinely called upon to decide.
Paul understands families and the complex issues that can be involved when a loved is no longer able to make independent decisions. Paul has experience in guardianship proceedings for a minor or incapacitated adult. I have helped family members and friends who are concerned about the mental capacity of an adult loved one. Often a petition appointing a guardian may be needed.
With years of service as a prosecutor, I have special insight into the criminal justice system and the procedures used by law enforcement. I love the courtroom and have a passion for helping my clients navigate legal issues that can often be confusing and overwhelming. I make connecting with my clients a priority, and take the time to get to know my clients, not just their legal issues. I am willing to go the extra mile to meet the needs of each client.
- Ouachita Baptist University
- B.S. (1993) | Political Science/History/Religion
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Activities: Basketball, BETA BETA Men’s Social Club, Model UN, Phi Beta Kappa
- Outside Counsel
- Southern Christian Home
- - Current
- As a mission work of the churches of Christ, Southern Christian Home has been in existence since 1926, originating in Fort Smith, Arkansas and later moving to Morrilton, Arkansas in 1936 (on the former campus of Harding University). Since that time, thousands of children have found a loving home and been provided with a supportive, nurturing and structured childhood rooted in Christian love and compassion. Standing firm in its mission to care for needy children everywhere, the Home has withstood the test of time and has produced thousands of Christian men and women who have become successful and productive adults. Mr. Dumas has had the great privilege of representing the Home for over two (2) decades. In this role, he works closely with the Executive Director, the Home’s Board of Trustees, employees and even the children residing at the Home. Among the diverse areas of law Mr. Dumas handles as the Home’s attorney, are custody issues related to the placement of children in the custody of the Arkansas DHS Division of Children and Family Services (DCFS). Working closely with senior staff of DCFS for the area, Mr. Dumas uses his knowledge of DCFS regulations as well as his personal relationships with DCFS personnel, to seamlessly and smoothly transition needy children into their new placement in the Home’s loving and nurturing environment. Additionally, from personnel issues to contracts, and from licensing issues to donor estate planning,Mr. Dumas provides steadfast counsel to the Home in times of need.
- Morrilton City Attorney
- Outside Counsel: Arkansas Operations in Fayetteville Shale Play
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN)
- As outside counsel for Southwestern Energy Company (SWN), Mr. Dumas was responsible for developing, implementing and litigating the protocol and standard operating procedures (SOP) for all of SWN and it’s subsidiaries surface operations in Arkansas. Representing 4 divisions, Mr. Dumas worked closely with SWN senior management at the corporate office in Houston, Texas, senior operations management in SWN’s corporate office in Conway, Arkansas, as well as personally working with supervisors and entry level workers in the field. Through his extensive knowledge of oil & gas law, along with his eagerness to glean institutional knowledge from a broad spectrum of people at all levels of the company, Mr. Dumas was able to develop an innovative state of the art protocol that industry insiders still consider “cutting edge.” The contributions of Mr. Dumas and his peers, played a significant role in creating a business friendly environment for the oil & gas industry to operate and flourish in Arkansas as they explored and developed the immense, previously untapped natural gas reserves underneath the surface of Arkansas found in the Fayetteville Shale Play.
- Arkansas Ethics Commission
- Appointed by President Pro Tempore of the Senate
- City of Perryville
- Conway County District Court, OP Div
- City of Plumerville
- Circuit Judge
- Perry County Circuit Court
- Appointment as Special Circuit Judge by the Honorable Judge Collins Kilgore
- Arkansas Law Enforcement Officers Academy
- Arkansas State Bar
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Chairman. YLS
- Arkansas Judiciary
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
In most cases, I offer a free, no obligation consultation of 30 minutes. During that time I can listen to your concerns and explain your legal options and my fee structure. No pressure. No obligation. Just answers for the help you need. From your attorney!! (501) 208-1990 cell. Anytime. Anywhere. Here when you need me!!
- Estate Planning
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- DUI & DWI
- Energy, Oil & Gas Law
- Municipal Law
- Real Estate Law