Free Consultation: (781) 438-7100Tap to Call This Lawyer
Phil A. Taylor

Phil A. Taylor

Taylor Law Office
  • Divorce, Family Law, Landlord Tenant ...
  • Massachusetts
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am a Stoneham-based attorney representing clients from throughout the Greater Boston, Northshore, and Metrowest communities. I am a lifetime resident of Massachusetts and dedicated to serving my local community.

I attended the Shawsheen Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School. From there he went on to the University of Massachusetts, Boston and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Management, with a concentration in Finance. I then earned his Juris Doctorate from the New England School of Law in Boston, now named New England Law | Boston.

During law school, I received the New England School of Law Service Award and was honored as a New England Scholar. I also served on the executive board of the New England Journal of Criminal and Civil Confinement as the Managing Business Editor. While with the Journal I organized its 2003 symposium: Offender Sentencing and Reentry: Changing Policies for Times of Budget Restraint.

New England Law | Boston
Honors: New England School of Law Service Award; New England Scholar; Dean's List; CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Massachusetts Practice and Procedure
Activities: Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity
New England Law | Boston Logo
Professional Experience
Taylor Law Office
- Current
Professional Associations
Massachusetts Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Up to thirty (30) minutes for most matters, however, not available for all types of matters. Consultation may be in office, virtual, or by telephone.
  • Contingent Fees
    Not available for all matters. Primarily limited to collection matters, or certain matters with applicable "fee shifting statute"
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Appointments available day, evenings, and weekends. I able to meet at my office, your office, by telephone, virtually, and other locations for everyone's convenience.
Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Landlord Tenant
Evictions, Landlord Rights, Tenants' Rights
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Construction Law
Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Finance, Business Litigation, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Consumer Law
Lemon Law
Arbitration & Mediation
Business - Arbitration/Mediation, Consumer - Arbitration/Mediation, Family - Arbitration/Mediation
Criminal Law
Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Additional Practice Area
  • Litigation - Defense
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. My siblings and I recently inherited our parents’ house after they died. One of my brothers wants to purchase the house.
A: If you and your siblings each now own a 1/3 interest in the property and one sibling wants to purchase your interest and the interest of the other sibling, then the sibling would pay 2/3 of the fair market value (give or take depending on how the other costs, savings are addressed). The sibling already owns 1/3, so there is no reason to pay for that interest.

The sibling that purchases the other interests does not get "two bites at the proverbial apple." Also, depending on how the property is owned exactly, any one of you can "force" the sale of the property and then also be the buyer.
Q. I have an order from a judge that states my tenant has 14 days to vacate.
A: I do not understand the actual question. Once you receive an execution for possession, it needs to be served and the sheriff (or constable) need to oversee the removal of the tenants personal property from the leased premise by a moving company and stored in a bonded storage facility. This is all in accordance with state law.

The actual cost varies and what you were quoted does not sound outrageous. The cost is often based on the size of the leased premises, number of rooms, etc.
Q. Is my boyfriend legally obligated to provide my name and address to opposing counsel during his divorce?
A: If the divorce is in RI, that is where the question should be asked. Presuming that the standard as to what your BF needs to provide his wife when asked are the same, then yes, his wife's attorney is entitled to know your name and how to contact you. You may be able to lead his wife to the discovery of admissible evidence for her divorce.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
2 Main Street, Suite 325
Stoneham, MA 02180
Telephone: (781) 438-7100
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Saturday and evenings by Appointment Only