Free Consultation: (866) 894-4945Tap to Call This Lawyer
Phillip William Gunthert

Phillip William Gunthert

  • Estate Planning, Probate, Business Law ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar  # 0087575
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Hourly and Flat-fee $0-$250 hour
Practice Areas
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Elder Law
    Consumer Law
    Class Action, Lemon Law
Additional Practice Area
  • General Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • German: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. My father passed, his will was probated and his home is left to me.
A: It would be assumed that anything in the house would have belonged to your father and came to you through the probate until proven otherwise. Here it is clear that you know that the tools belong to your brother. I would further advise that tools are not worth causing additional and further family strife over and therefore setting the tools aside for your brother upon his release would be the best course of action. I would further wonder where the probate attorney who did your probate is and why he is not specifically advising you on this matter as that is what he was precisely paid for by doing the probate.
Q. Should my probate attorney hold onto my deceased relatives estate account checkbook? Or should I?
A: No, you as the Personal Representative should handle this account and check writing. I assume there is some sort of a trust issue, concern or worry on both sides here for some reason. A Personal Representative should write out checks as directed by the law offices or as reviewed by the law office if there is any doubt. I will presume that the law office has discovered this is the best way to handle any errant check writing by Personal Representatives based on experience. If you take a poll of probate attorneys, I would presume that most all do not hold the checkbook. I have never held a checkbook for a Personal Representative. The again, it may be the way they have determined is best to handle probate matters.
Q. My father passed away (florida). one of his bank accounts listed 2 out of 4 siblings only. Who is entitled to this ?
A: Very sorry for your loss on the passing of your father, please accept my condolences for you and your family at this difficult time. When you have assets with a beneficiary designation (pay on death or transfer on death) the asset passes to that person/s outside of probate, it is not a probate asset. Usually all you have to do is produce an ID, death certificate and complete the bank paperwork.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
The Law Offcie of P.W. Gunthert, P.A.
821 Herndon Ave. PO Box 141055
4767 New Broad Street #1030
Orlando, FL 32803
Toll-Free: (866) 894-4945
Toll-Free: (866) 894-4945
Telephone: (866) 894-4945
Telephone: (866) 894-4945
Cell: (407) 580-5491
Cell: (407) 580-5491
Monday: 6 AM - 8 PM
Tuesday: 6 AM - 8 PM
Wednesday: 6 AM - 8 PM
Thursday: 6 AM - 8 PM (Today)
Friday: 5 AM - 9 PM
Saturday: 5 AM - 9 PM
Sunday: 5 AM - 9 PM
Notice: Law Office is available via email 24-7 at