Free Consultation: (972) 677-3604Tap to Call This Lawyer
Rafee'a S. Majeed

Rafee'a S. Majeed

Law Office of R.S. Majeed
  • Family Law, Criminal Law
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Attorney Rafee’a S. Majeed is the Owner and Managing Attorney of The Law Office of R.S. Majeed. I am a Texas licensed Family Law attorney representing clients in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I have been representing clients in this area for over 5 years, primarily handling divorces (contested and uncontested), child custody cases, child support cases, and modifications and enforcements of all family law cases.

One of my most key characteristics enabling me to be a successful attorney is adaptability. Because the laws are constantly changing, each and every case brings a unique set of challenges and issues and requires the ability to quickly adapt to keep up with the changes.

I have had success in obtaining desired results for my clients, but I also believe in having tough conversations with clients to ensure that their expectations are aligned with what the law will allow. I have a continuous dialogue with clients to discuss any changes in their situation as their case progresses and make necessary adjustments to their case as needed, if necessary.

I am proud to be a Texas lawyer. I work hard to provide and improve the level of service and representation given my clients.

Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
J.D. (2007) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
University of Arkansas - Fayetteville
B.S. (1998) | Accounting
University of Arkansas - Fayetteville Logo
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Law Office of R.S. Majeed
- Current
• Caseload includes approximately 95% Family Law cases and 5% Criminal Law cases. • Balance and integrate both aspects of law and business in the firm. • Consult with clients to engage employment of their legal matters. • Litigate and progress client's cases from inception until their termination. • Assist clients in the enforcement of their final judgments. • Assess the value of legal processes and enhancements with innovative research of case law. • Provide timely and effective resolution to legal issues. • Represent clients in Dallas, Denton, Tarrant and Collin counties.
Intake Attorney
Legal Aid of Northwest Texas (LANWT)
Provided legal information, legal guidance and legal resources to • Provided legal information, legal guidance and legal resources to assist callers with issues related to child custody, child support, and possession & access issues. •Successfully guided callers through the litigation process of a case and provided information on how to achieve a favorable outcome of their specific case. •Initiated intake application and provide legal advice for clients seeking legal representation from Legal Aid of Northwest Texas (LANWT) in a range of legal areas, including, but not limited to, Family Law, Employment Law, Guardianship/Probate, Bankruptcy, Housing, Expungements/Nondisclosures and Veterans services. •Advised callers of the law particular to their case and provided resources to assist callers in self representation while they await a decision on their application from LANWT.
Professional Associations
American Bar Assocation
Member Attorney
- Current
Activities: Family Law Section member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Dallas Bar Association
Member Attorney
- Current
Activities: Family Law Section member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Texas  # 24094443
- Current
Activities: Family Law Section member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Texas
ID Number: 24094443
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    We offer a free 15-minute consultation on all criminal law cases. In this consultation, the attorney will discuss any pending criminal charges and will provide information on obtaining representation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Family Law Cases - we charge a $300.00 consultation fee for up to an hour consultation. In this consultation, you and the attorney will have a chance to discuss your current situation and what type of legal representation is needed. This is an opportunity for you to have a candid conversation with the attorney about why you are seeking legal representation and to obtain information about the legal process and what to expect during the process. Our hope is that you leave the meeting with a better understanding of the process on which you are about to embark. If a prospective client chooses to retain our office to represent them within 2 weeks, we will credit the consultation fee to any retainer quoted.
Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Restraining Orders
Criminal Law
Drug Crimes, Expungement, Gun Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. My husband cheated and had a baby during our marriage
A: Provided you are able to provide proof of the domestic violence and the other baby, these would be grounds to ask for a disproportionate share (more than 50/50) of the community estate.

The community estate consists of any property that was acquired during the marriage (except for anything received as a gift or inheritance). The community estate has to be divided between the spouses during a divorce.

I hope this information helps. Good luck to you.
Q. At what age can a child choose who they want to live with?
A: A child can decide who they want to live with at the age of 18, when they are no longer considered a minor. In Texas, a Judge is required to speak with a child on who they would prefer to live with when that child reaches the age of 12. Between the ages of 10-12, the Judge can determine if it's necessary to speak with the child as to their preference. Either way, the Judge is not obligated to follow the child's wishes. The Judge will base their decision on what's in the child's best interest.

If the other parent lives in a two bedroom house with 8 other people, it's unlikely that the Judge will decide that it's in the child's best interest to primarily live there. However, absent more information, it's difficult to answer that question. If it is possible that placing the child with Father is better than where the child is currently residing, I can see a Judge giving Father custody.

I hope this information helps. Good luck to you!
... Read More
Q. Terminating Parental Rights
A: Yes, you can petition the court to allow you to serve the Father via publication in a Termination of Parental Rights lawsuit. You will need to attach an affidavit to your petition stating the steps that you've taken to attempt to locate the Father.

I hope this information helps. Good luck to you.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
The Law Office of R.S. Majeed
Contact & Map
Law Office of R.S. Majeed
14850 Montfort Drive
Suite 280
Dallas, TX 75254
Telephone: (972) 677-3604
Fax: (469) 249-9092
Monday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 3 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed