Ms. Sirlin has practiced family law for almost 25 years. She has a unique perspective in that she experienced a very contentious "custody battle" as a child, which spanned many years. Ms. Sirlin primary practices family law litigation and appellate law (appeals). She is also trained as a Family Law Mediator and received her Certification of Training in Collaborative Divorce.
While almost all of the current practice is in family law, Ms. Sirlin has substantial experience in criminal defense law.
While always striving to assist clients with informal settlement of their cases, Ms. Sirlin is also an aggressive courtroom advocate, when necessary.
Ms. Sirlin maintains a caseload which ensures each client has direct access to an attorney at all times.
While Ms. Sirlin has primary responsibility for all client matters, when needed, other attorneys and legal assistants are available. All attorney time spent doing legal assistant tasks are billed at a legal assistant rate.
Ms. Sirlin truly cares about her clients and their families and always puts what is best for them above any financial and/or "business" considerations of her career.
Her motto is that It is best to live a life you can be proud of, do a job you love and help others. Helping others gives meaning and purpose to one's life.
It is extremely common that a potential client arrives to meet Ms. Sirlin, clearly feeling anxious and overwhelmed and it is extremely common to see them leave the meeting noticeably reassured and calm.
- Westford College
- Licensed Real Estate Sales Person (2007) | Real Estate
- James E. Rogers College of Law, University of Arizona
- J.D. | Law
- Was impressed with myself after receiving "A" grade in Charles Ares' classes! I did it because it was a welcome challenge. Also enjoyed Kenny Hegland's contract law during year 1. Met quality students and so many in our class became successful attorneys.
- Activities: Study, Study, Study.
- University of Arizona
- B.A. | General Studies
- College at the U of A was wonderful. I received a quality education at an affordable price.
- Honors: Political Science, honor student throughout education
- Activities: Taking part in post-graduate philosophy classes with Alan Buchanan, who believed more in me than I did.
- H.S. | College Preparatory
- Wonderful experience. Despite the higher standards, I was still accepted at all colleges applied to, including University of Michigan.
- Honors: English
- Activities: Study, study, study!
- Maricopa Superior Court Arbitrator
- Arbitrator, Maricopa Superior Court
- - Current
- Selected each year to serve as an arbitrator in matters subject to mandatory mediation in civil matters for Maricopa Superior Court
- Arizona State Bar
- Arizona Court of Appeals
- U.S. Bankruptcy, 9th Circuit
- Arizona Small Business Association
- - Current
- Arizona Women's Lawyer Association
- - Current
- 9th Circuit
- Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Paypal
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
$150 consultation for 1.5 hours minimum. Full representation Flat Fees, Unbundled Legal Services, Limited Scope are all options for you, Pro Bono for those who qualify. Effective, affordable representation, advance fees may be made in payments when appropriate. I strive to provide legal representation to all and if a client cannot afford full representation, I always discuss other options.
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- Appeals & Appellate
- Legal Decision Making, Parenting Time
- Child Support and Arrears
- Jurisdiction and Venue
- Father's Rights
- Modification of Decision Making, Parenting Time, Child Support
- Relocation of minor children
- Child Custody
- Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enactment Act
- Uniform Child Support Enforcement Act
- Domesticating Out of State Orders
- Prenuptial Agreements and Litigation
- Matrimonial Law
- Domestic Relations
- High Asset cases