Free Consultation: (717) 842-0803Tap to Call This Lawyer
Rebecca Ann Smith

Rebecca Ann Smith

Bentley, Gibson, Kopecki, Smith, P.C.
  • Divorce, Family Law, Domestic Violence
  • Pennsylvania
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Dickinson School of Law
J.D. (2005)
Placeholder image for education.
Dickinson College
B.S. (2002) | Political Science
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Bentley, Gibson, Kopecki, Smith, P.C.
- Current
Bentley Law Offices, P.C.
Assistant Public Defender
Berks County Public Defender's Office
Professional Associations
Pennsylvania State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
Additional Practice Areas
  • Child custody
  • Support
  • Adoption
  • English
Legal Answers
Q. I filed a 3301(d) and mailed it certified mail To my spouse. The problem is my spouse's daughter signed for it.
A: Unfortunately, the requirements for proper service in Pennsylvania require that the spouse personally sign for the certified mail. There are other ways to effectuate service as well. It would be a good idea for you to consult with an attorney in your area to discuss the specific requirements.
Q. My wife and I are building t home. We are doing it ourselves. We are probably 2/3 done. The property was paid for clear
A: Unfortunately, it is quite common that marital homes must be sold when a divorce occurs. Agreements can be drafted that specify the details of how the house will be sold and how any proceeds will be divided. Of course, divorces where the parties are amicable are less of a "mess" than divorces that are very contentious. You should set up a consultation with an attorney in your county to discuss the specifics of the process and the agreement to divide your assets and debts.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Lancaster Office
313 West Liberty Place
Suite 124
Lancaster , PA 17603
Telephone: (717) 842-0803
Lebanon Office
279 North Zinns Mill Road
Lebanon , PA 17042
Telephone: (717) 272-7585
Main Office
1118 Penn Avenue
Wyomissing , PA 19610
Telephone: (610) 685-8000
Fax: (610) 685-5314