Free Consultation: (973) 379-9292Tap to Call This Lawyer
Richard Diamond

Richard Diamond

Free Initial Divorce & Post Divorce Consultation
  • Divorce, Family Law, Domestic Violence ...
  • Florida, New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Richard Diamond has been practicing Family Law Litigation, Mediation & Arbitration work in New Jersey for the past 34 years and is a Certified Family Law Trial Attorney by the N.J. Supreme Court; Accredited New Jersey Family Law Mediator, authorized by the NJ Supreme Court to handle family law mediation matters with an active domestic violence restraining order in place and a Family Law Arbitrator.
Mr Diamond is also a Family Law Economic Mediator in Union, Essex, Morris, Somerset, Middlesex and Monmouth Counties.
Mr Diamond is also a member of the Essex, Union and Somerset County's Family Law Early Settlement Panel Program (ESP); a member of Who's Who in American Law; listed in Best Lawyers in America and a recipient of the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award for Family Law accomplishments.
Diamond & Diamond limits is practice to divorce, post divorce matters, child custody disputes, domestic violence representation, child support & alimony claims, business valuations in divorce, and prenuptial agreement drafting & review.
The firm also actively represents litigants in the NJ Family Court system in Somerset, Morris, Union, Essex, Middlesex, Passaic, Bergen, Monmouth, & Ocean Counties and regularly appears before the family part judges in each of those counties.

Seton Hall University School of Law
J.D. (1985) | Law
Seton Hall University School of Law Logo
Rutgers University - Newark
B.A. (1981) | Economics / Business Administration
Honors: Dual Degree
Rutgers University - Newark Logo
Professional Experience
- Current
Speaking Engagements
Handling Divorce Cases from Start to Finish, Continuing legal Education Seminar, NJ
National Business Institute
On an annual basis, Mr Diamond has participated in legal seminars as an author and lecturer on various family law topics involving Domestic Violence matters, Child Custody proceedings, Divorce, & Valuation of Businesses in Divorce matters
Accredited Family Law Economic Mediator with Domestic Violence Restraining Orders in Place
New Jersey State Bar
New Jersey Supreme Court
Accredited Family Law Mediator
New Jersey Superior Court System
2019 Award for New Jersey Family Law Attorneys
Lawyers of Distinction
Lifetime Charter Member
Rue Ratings Best Attorneys of America
10 Best Family Law Firms in New Jersey
American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
N.J. Best Lawyers for Families
New Jersey Family Magazine
Certified Matrimonial Trial Lawyer by the NJ Supreme Court
NJ State Bar Association
Member of Who's Who in American Law 2000 - present
Who's Who in American Law
Professional Associations
New Jersey State Bar - Family Law Section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Essex County Family Law Early Settlement Panelist
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Somerset County Family Law Early Settlement Panelist
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Union County Family Law Early Settlement Panelist
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
Additional Practice Area
  • Certified Attorneys
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. can my son grandmother get any rights to my son. I already have joint legal custody that I share with my son mother .
A: Interesting question. The question is what role does the grandmother play in the child's day to day life and why? If the answer simply is that your ex lives in the same house with her mother, presume that it is not sufficient but if the grandmother is primarily responsible for the child's care, that could change things and give her a basis for the court to reexamine her role in the child's life, especially if there is concern over your ex's handling of the child's care.
Q. My Mom passed away and my sister is an executor. I'm a beneficiary. my sister asked me to meet with her & realtor.?
A: My guess is that your sister is planning to list and sell your mother's home as part of her handling of the estate, or she wants to discuss with you the value of the home for her / you to keep as part of the division of assets of the estate. My suggestion is that you can meet with her and her realtor at the house and listen to what they have to say but if they want you to sign papers, you can tell them that you want to read them over and want time to think about what they are suggesting. And, then you can decide whether you need to meet with an estate lawyer to ensure that your interests are being protected properly in the division of the estate.
Q. Ex husband moved to Phillipines to avoid paying alimony
A: I presume that your former spouse's employment was / is in New Jersey and that your former husband still works for the company remotely. Presuming I am correct, then an order served upon the employer in New Jersey for garnishment is valid and must be honored. If the employer refuses to honor it, then you need to hire a lawyer and take legal action against the employer. This is not the type of application I would recommend be handled by you with a general practitioner or on your own. If you schedule a consultation with a family law specialist, make sure you bring with you specific proof that your ex still works for the company and that he is working remotely (and that the company has a NJ office location).
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Firm's Facebook Page
Instagram page
Contact & Map
Diamond & Diamond P.A.
225 Millburn Avenue
Suite 208
Millburn, NJ 07041
Telephone: (973) 379-9292
Fax: (973) 379-9210
Monday: 8:30 AM - 8 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 8 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 8 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 8 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 4 PM
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Free Initial Divorce & Post Divorce Consultation