Richard HochhauserRichard Hochhauser, PLLC
- Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, White Collar Crime ...
- New York
Richard Hochhauser is the founding partner at the Law Office of Richard Hochhauser, PLLC. As a former Assistant District Attorney, Mr. Hochhauser is a proven trial attorney having successfully taken numerous criminal cases to verdict and is highly experienced in all aspects of criminal law. As an ADA, Mr. Hochhauser prosecuted thousands of criminal cases, including DWI, hit and run, drug sale and possession, assault, domestic violence, larceny, financial fraud, ID theft, and many others. Further, Mr. Hochhauser was chosen to be a member of a specialized unit which focused on DWI and DUI prosecution.
As part of this appointment, Mr. Hochhauser attended police trainings on DWI detection, DWI policing policies, police testimony, standardized field sobriety tests, and breathalyzer technology. Mr. Hochhauser was also specially trained during a three-day DWI litigation seminar held in Albany, New York. Mr. Hochhauser was also a member of a specialized warrant unit where he drafted search warrants for some of the most high-profile homicide cases in Nassau County.
Since starting his own practice, Mr. Hochhauser has already proven his ability to obtain excellent results for his clients. By combining his dedication to his clients, advanced litigation capabilities, and specialized criminal law experience, Mr. Hochhauser has positioned himself as a top-tier New York criminal defense attorney.
- Fordham University School of Law
- J.D. (2014) | Law
- Honors: Law Merit Scholarship; Nassau Suffolk Alumni Scholarship
- Activities: Trial Advocacy Team
- City University of New York - Queens College
- B.A. | Political Science and Government
- Richard Hochhauser, PLLC
- Michael Jordan Cries Foul As Chinese Companies Use His Chinese Name To Market Products
- Fordham Intellectual Property, Media and Entertainment Law Journal Blog
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- Selected To Rising Stars: 2018 - 2020
- Top 40 Trial Lawyers Under 40
- National Trial Lawyers
- National College of DUI Defense
- Client's Choice - Criminal Defense
- Top Attorney
- perfect 10.0 rating
- State Bar of New York  # 5301452
- New York
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- DUI & DWI
- White Collar Crime
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Traffic Tickets
- Suspended License
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Q. I live in new york and was charges with aggravated dui in may 2020 and have yet to be arrainged it was to be june 6 2020
- A: Unfortunately, you are in a similar situation as hundreds of individuals, as nearly all cases since the beginning of COVID have yet to be arraigned. While the statutory speedy trial time has not begin to run under CPL 30.30, there is also a constitutional right to speedy trial. Having said that, given the pandemic circumstances, I do not see a court finding a constitutional speedy trial violation yet. If your case is still not arraigned in several months, you should contact a lawyer to see if you have a viable constitutional argument for a violation of speedy trial.
- Q. My friend was arrested for theft of a vehicle by his ex girlfriend he has keys vehicle and title. Title has him as buyer
- A: Ownership of property is an absolute defense to larceny charges. This case will likely come down to whether your friend can show that he had ownership.
- Q. Im doing thing in class about Kevin Harts drag race insident, what would you give Hart as a punishment and why?
- A: Would be glad to discuss this assignment with you. You can reach me at my office at 516-939-1529.
Richard Hochhauser is a Nassau County Criminal Defense Attorney serving all of New York. As a former prosecutor, Richard knows the rules, knows the system and knows how to...How to Seal Your New York Criminal Record
Learn how to seal your New York criminal record. Under CPL 160.59, the New York legislature recently passed a new law which making certain criminal convictions eligible to be...How get your first marijuana case dismissed in NY
Learn how to get your first marijuana case dismissed in NY under CPL 170.56. Call 516-939-1LAW with questions. Attorney Advertising.How to get your marijuana case dismissed in New York
Learn how to get your marijuana case dismissed in New York. Law Office of Richard Hochhauser, PLLC.