Bilingual (Spanish/English) legal specialist and consultant with substantive real property, business and intellectual property experience.Nearly 30 years’ experience in: Commercial real property acquisitions, finance, development, construction and leasing; Business formations, governance, mergers and acquisitions, foreign entity subsidiary transactions in U.S. jurisdictions; Regulatory and Compliance matters; Copyright and trademark registration matters as well as licensing transactions.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- J.D. (1988) | Law
- Honors: Deans List, American Jurisprudence Award in Trial Advocacy
- Activities: Phi Alpha Delta, Scott Moot Court
- University of California - Los Angeles
- B.A. (1984) | History
- Honors: Deans List
- Activities: Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity, Order of the Omega
- Richard M. Gee, a P.C.
- - Current
- Private law practice emphasizing business, real estate and intellectual property transactions in California and Colorado, as well as related litigation. Recent representative transactions include: Representing a British publicly-traded provider of outsourced online customer acquisitions as special counsel in the negotiation of Spanish-language marketing service agreements with Latin American telecommunications companies; Representing a retail beverage client in an asset sale transaction as Seller’s counsel; Representing a restaurant client as Buyer’s counsel in the acquisition of several restaurant properties in Colorado, including advising on and forming holding and operating entities for each location and representing the client in liquor license proceedings for each location; Representing a Taiwanese investor in the restructuring of his holdings in a California venture capital stage technology corporation; Representing several Norwegian investors in real estate residential development transactions in Florida; Advising a Colorado debt management business, SaaS and consulting group in real property leasing matters, copyright and trademark matters as well as general business law matters.
- Business Affairs Manager
- Univision Music Group
- Senior in-house attorney under Vice President of Business Affairs at what was then the largest Latin music label, now part of the Universal Music Group. Responsibility over staff of 2 junior attorneys and support staff. Representative experience includes: Negotiating recording and licensing agreements as well as music publishing agreements ? General in-house counsel work; and Preparing and filing copyright registrations.
- Gee & Sunada
- Representative experience includes: Serving as special real estate counsel for Hilton Hotels, Inc. in property acquisition transactions; Advising clients in and negotiating business and real property transactions; Advising and preparing estate and succession plans for clients.
- Thorpe and Thorpe, a P.C.
- Representative work includes: Advising and representing clients in commercial real property financing, purchase, and sales transactions as well as office and shopping center landlords in leasing matters; Advising and representing clients on business transactions, including transactions in Latin America; Representing clients in litigation and arbitration matters.
- Colorado Bar Association  # 268792
- - Current
- California State Bar  # 137035
- - Current
Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, Mastercard, Discovery and American Express
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
We also accept payments via cash, check, PayPal, Google Wallet and wire transfers. Retainer and/or advanced payment required.
- Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
- Communications & Internet Law
Internet Law, Media & Advertising, Telecommunications Law
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written