My education and work history include Harvard College, B.A. 1972; NYU School of Law, J.D. 1977; Editor, NYU Law Review, 1976-77; Law Clerk to Hon. Lloyd F. MacMahon, U.S. District Judge, Southern District of New York, 1978-79; Litigation Associate, Davis Polk & Wardwell, 1977-1983.
As a law clerk to a federal judge, I became familiar with the concerns of the judge, and give an insider's understanding of what will and won't work with a federal judge. As a litigator at a large law firm, I worked with big name litigators like Bob Fiske, who would later become the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York; and with Lawrence Walsh, a retired federal judge, best known for prosecuting Oliver North. Also, as an associate at a big firm, I became used to working on large, complex cases and to being up against other large firms, and am not intimidated by them. But as a sole practitioner, I am affordable-- so I can produce a large firm work product at a small firm's rates.
I have extensive experience litigating disputes arising out of trade, especially trade with China. Also have extensive experience litigating under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act ("RICO"), which permits recovery of treble damages and attorneys fees. Additionally, I have extensive experience representing franchisees in disputes with their franchisees.
- New York University School of Law
- J.D. (1977)
- Activities: Editor of the New York University Law Review.
- Columbia University
- M.S. (1973) | Journalism
- Harvard University
- B.A. (1972) | History and Literature
- Honors: cum laude
- Activities: Editor, Lion Rampant Literary Magazine; Violinist, Bach Society Chamber Orchestry
- Richard Pu
- - Current
- New York Telephone Company
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Law Clerk
- United States District Court
- Office of the Special Assistant to the Provost
- MIT Office of the Special Assistant to the Provost
- Top Attorneys in North America
- The Whos Who Directories
- AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated
- Asian American Bar Association of New York
- New York State Bar
- New York
- Free Consultation
Telephone consultations only.
- Contingent Fees
Case must involve several hundred thousand dollars and the case for liability must be strong.
- Business Law
- International Law
- Legal Malpractice