Richard V. EllisRichard V. Ellis Bankruptcy & Family Law Attorneys
- Bankruptcy, Divorce, Family Law
Born and raised in Sarasota, Florida, Richard Ellis graduated with honors from the University of Florida in 1976 and received his law degree from Loyola University New Orleans in 1979. Mr. Ellis has served on the City of Sarasota Planning Board, City of Sarasota Board of Adjustment, and currently serves as Special Magistrate for the City of Sarasota, a position he has held since 1999.
Mr. Ellis has filed in excess of 5,000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases over the past three decades and has handled hundreds of family law matters since beginning practice in 1979.
Mr. Ellis spends his free time with family, including a 2-year-old granddaughter to which he is devoted. He maintains an interest in current events, sports, and reading.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
- University of Florida
- B.A. | Political Science
- Honors: Honors
- Richard V. Ellis Bankruptcy & Family Law Attorneys
- City of Sarasota
- Hausburg & Ellis, P.A.
- Florida State Bar  # 288322
- - Current
- Free Consultation
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
What Is a Loan Modification?Making The Decision To File For Bankruptcy
Making the decision to file for bankruptcyChapter 13 Bankruptcy - How Are Payments Calculated?
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy - How Are Payments Calculated?Can Bankruptcy Stop a Florida Foreclosure?
Can bankruptcy stop a foreclosure?Bankruptcy - Chapter 7 or Chapter 13?
Bankruptcy - Chapter 7 or Chapter 13?