Free Consultation: (214) 779-7704Tap to Call This Lawyer
Robert Allen Thornton

Robert Allen Thornton

Covid-free Telelawyer
  • Divorce, Family Law, Criminal Law ...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

I grew up in the American South and I went to school there too. I've been practicing law for 15 years. I know what I'm doing. I'm into trucks, guns and good food and good people. I'm loyal to those who are good to me and I don't bother with those who are not. I've been through divorce. I understand suffering and disappointment. But the other side can be bright.
So, in an age when we have to wear masks while watching our cities burn and listening to nonsense, let's control what we can.
Changing your scenery at home has never been easier. Social distancing at its finest. You can hire me by video, and internet. If that spouse is not pulling their weight, well you can make a change while wearing flip flops.
No masks required.
All good Texans, give me a call.

Samford University, Cumberland School of Law
J.D. (2000)
Placeholder image for education.
University of North Alabama
B.S. (1996) | Music, Business
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Thornton Law, PLLC
- Current
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar  # 24048839
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Our clients can pay online.
Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
  • English
Legal Answers
Q. How do I get my 21 yo daughter out of her dad's house w/her stuff safely?
A: If you and she are concerned about her safety, then she should get out of there and leave the stuff. Otherwise, you might be able to get a restraining order.
Q. My wife filed papers her self to divorce me. I have no problem with this however the vehicle she has in her possession
A: Your wife will have to agree to assume the note on the car. If refuses to cooperate, then you will need to call a temporary order hearing. In the hearing you will need to ask the judge to order her to assume the note if she is to keep the car. That will then need to reduce what the judge says to an enforceable order. So, if she does not willingly refinance the car into her name, a lawyer will be handy to take her to court to either take on the note or give the car back.
Q. I am looking to find a lawyer for a prohibited an item in a tdcj correctional facility case.
A: I have worked these cases before. I have also worked cases in Abilene. Click on my profile and email me to discuss.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Thornton Law Firm Website
Thornton Law Firm Blog
Contact & Map
Thornton Law, PLLC
15851 Dallas Pkwy
Addison, TX 75001
Telephone: (214) 779-7704