Robert J CaflischRitz & Caflisch, S.C.
- Business Law, Real Estate Law
I'm Bob Caflisch and I am a transaction lawyer in Madison, Wisconsin, practicing real estate law and business law. I work with buyers and sellers of residential real estate, including: buying and selling homes, corporate relocations, condominiums, for sale by owner FSBO, offers to purchase, title review, new construction, and closings.
I also handle commercial real estate matters, including: land acquisition and development, construction contracts, condominium developments, bank and insurance company financing transactions, and work with both landlords and tenants on commercial leasing transactions.
My business law experience includes working with entrepreneurs, start-ups, entity formation including LLCs and corporations, sale of business transactions including asset sales and stock sale transactions. I have experience reviewing and drafting employment agreements, buy-sell agreements, LLC operating agreements, covenants not to compete. and employee severance agreements. I represent many businesses as outside legal counsel to entities for ongoing business law and contract matters.
- University of Wisconsin Law School
- J.D (1981) | Law Degree
- Honors: cum laude/honors graduate
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- B.B.A. Double Major: Accounting & Finance
- Professional Background
- Private practice in Madison, Wisconsin since 1981. Prior to law school I worked in public accounting and am a licensed, but non-practicing CPA.
- Clifford, Crummey, & Crown: ...Techniques to Fund College Education Expenses
- Wisconsin Bar Bulletin
- Certified Public Accountant, 1978
- State of Wisconsin
- State Bar of Wisconsin, American Bar Association, Dane County Bar Association, AICPA, Past Member of AIJA  # 1007480
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law