Robert Lopez

Robert Lopez

Source Law Firm
  • Business Law, Employment Law, Estate Planning ...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Are you a small business owner? or thinking about starting a business? Or do you have an existing business that now has a business, contract or employment issue?

With business disputes, we first try to keep a dispute from become a lawsuit. If we can find a way that protects our client and serves their best interest, then we always try that first. If, however, you are already in a lawsuit, then we immediately go to protect our client, keeping in mind what is best for you.

With starting a company, we look at what our client ultimately wants to accomplish. We then match their goals with the type of legal entity that best suits those goals. Often a corporation or LLC is needed. But this is just the start of a company. Whether you're a corporation or an LLC, the real goal is to grow your business. That is where we really thrive in our support of you and your business.

Let us help you with your goals.

This is how we do that:

1. Call us toll free and set up an appointment at 1-800-501-9620
2. We will sit down and really dive into what your goals are and what we need to do to accomplish them.
3. We work with you to accomplish your goals.

We've been helping people do just this since 1999.

A word about us:

Robert graduated from the University of Southern California with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1993. He graduated from University of Southern California School of Law in 1999.

While at USC Law School, he earned 3 consecutive full-tuition scholarships.

He was admitted to the California State Bar in 1999 and is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Central District of California and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Robert is a member of various community business organizations in Orange County and Riverside County. He as spoken on topics that include business law, business lawsuits, corporate formation, business planning, and business planning strategies.

University of Southern California Gould School of Law
Honors: 3 Years Full Academic Scholarships
University of Southern California Gould School of Law Logo
University of Southern California
University of Southern California Logo
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Source Law Firm
- Current
Managing Attorney
Law Office of Robert Lopez
Articles & Publications
An Easy Way to Check if Your Proposed Company Name is Available
Avvo Legal Guide
9 Things to Remember as You Prepare to Go to Court
Speaking Engagements
Selection of Corporations and LLCs in Business, California State University Fullerton Business School
California State University Fullerton Business School
Licensed Real Estate Broker
California Department of Real Estate
20 Years of Community Service
Professional Associations
State Bar of California  # 202756
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Orange County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
9th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa and Master Card only.
Practice Areas
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Employment Law
Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Additional Practice Area
  • Corporate & Contract Law
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. Hi, which licenses are needed for a business that holds customers money in accounts that they can access across country?
A: Hi, every state is going to have a different law and most will require a slightly different type of license. The most common type of license is a "money transmitter" license. Most, but not all, of these licenses are regulated by each state's Department of Banking Department/Division. Others will be regulated by that state's Attorney General's office. The actual names of the departments/divisions will vary in each state. The cost of each license will also vary, but it may cost you somewhere between $35,000 to $80,000 to achieve a nationwide properly licensed company. If that cost is within your range, contact me.
Q. What permits/licenses are required in unincorporated San Bernardino County CA to sell and sample prepackaged jerky?
A: Hi, the permits/licenses you will need depend on where you are going to "cook" your product as well as where you are going to sell your food. Since you are planning on making your jerky in unincorporated San Bernardino, CA, you should start with the County of San Bernardino. Their website pages that deal with food preparation is: The best place to start out is If you are serving the food, you should also check out: If you are going to sell the products under a name different than your own, you will need to either incorporate with the California Secretary of State or get a fictitious business name from the county of San Benardino here: You may also need to register with the Franchise Tax Board and get a seller's permit. Then, you may need to register with the city/county where your stores/farmer's markets/street sales are located. This will vary by location. There may be more registrations needed as well depending on each city and what else you are doing. If you would like to go forward this, feel free to contact me. ... Read More
View More Answers
Social Media
Websites & Blogs
Source Law Firm
Contact & Map
Source Law Firm
2372 Morse Ave Ste 152
Irvine, CA 92614
Telephone: (800) 501-9620
Source Law Firm
119 N. Maple Street, Ste. L
Corona, CA 92880
Toll-Free: (800) 501-9620