Since 2010, I have represented whistleblowers in federal and state False Claims Act cases, including a ten-year effort that led to the largest ever award in the history of the False Claims Act, $264 million in 2022.
Among the types of cases I have handled:
* customs duties cases, in which obligations to pay duties have been avoided or reduced due to false statements about cost of goods, tariff codes, or country of origin
* health care cases, including Medicare or Medicaid claims for medically unnecessary goods or services, and false billing
* pharmaceutical cases, including claims caused by improper off-label promotion of drugs, and claims caused by kickbacks
* procurement cases, including false reporting under "cost plus" contracts with government agencies
* Small Business Administration-related cases, in which false statements about ownership, control or status have led to the award of small business set aside contracts or subcontracts
* escheatment cases, in which a company has failed to escheat unclaimed property to states.