If you, or someone you love has been arrested for a DUI or any other Criminal Charge you need an EXPERT with years of experience representing you. Don't let one mistake, or one bad night effect you for the rest of your life. And don't make a second mistake by hiring the wrong lawyer. I have specialized in DUI and Criminal Defense work for the past 25 years with INCREDIBLE RESULTS. I am a former Rhode Island Special Assistant Attorney General from 1993-1997. During those years I prosecuted hundreds of criminal cases ranging from disorderly conduct to first degree murder in every Rhode Island County. Additionally, along with other prosecutors, I lectured in-coming police academy cadets on proper drunk driving and Rhode Island DUI investigations and prosecutions. This unique experience has allowed me a wealth of knowledge not readily available to the average Rhode Island DUI lawyer or criminal defense attorney. Since 1997 I have been applying all that I learned as a prosecutor in order to better benefit my private clients. Most importantly, when you hire my firm to represent you, I am the attorney handling your case and appearing in court with you. Unlike a number of firms, I do not send associates to court with you, and I do not rely on paralegals to prepare legal documents. My office provides free consultations, and I am available 24 hours a day for emergencies. My firm provides aggressive, personal representation and we look forward to hearing from you soon. Contact me now for a FREE Consultation: EMAIL or call 401-861-1155 Rhode Island DUI Attorney
- Suffolk University Law School
- Honors: Cum Laude
- University of Vermont
- B.A. (1990) | Pre-Law
- Special Assistant Attorney General
- Attorney General (Criminal Division), Rhode Island
- I am a former Rhode Island Special Assistant Attorney General from 1993-1997. During those years I prosecuted hundreds of criminal cases ranging from disorderly conduct to first degree murder in every Rhode Island County. Additionally, along with other prosecutors, I lectured in-coming police academy cadets on proper drunk driving and Rhode Island DUI investigations and prosecutions.
- American Jurisprudence Award
- American Jurisprudence
- Rhode Island State Bar
- Rhode Island Criminal Defense Lawyers Organization
- - Current
- Activities: Defending people charged with DUI, Domestic Assault or any other criminal charges.
- American Bar Association
- Rhode Island
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
We accept all major credit cards.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I provide expert representation on DUI and Criminal Defense for reasonable fees, including payment plans depending on the type of case. If you have been arrested for a crime it is important to hire the best lawyer.
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Please check out my Main Website
- Please check out my DUI Defense Website
- Click on this blog to see CASE WINS FOR CLIENTS
- Click on this blog to see MORE CASE WINS FOR CLIENTS
- CLIENT TESTIMONIALS
- MORE CLIENT TESTIMONIALS
- Newport Rhode Island Criminal Lawyer
- Rhode Island DUI News
A video about myself and my experience.Newport Rhode Island DUI and Criminal Defense Lawyer Josh Macktaz
I also provide expert DUI and Criminal Defense work in Newport, RIRhode Island DUI Attorney Joshua Macktaz DUI Advice Part 2-Should you take the Breathalyzer Test?
Should you take the Breathalyzer Test?Rhode Island DUI Attorney and former State Prosecutor Joshua Macktaz gives DUI advice.
What to do if you are ever pulled over for DUIRhode Island Criminal Defense - The #1 Rule
#1 Rule in Criminal Defense