Safiya Byars is an Atlanta-based attorney with a passion for helping immigrants and their families to obtaint their immigration status and lead their best life in the United States.
Faced with being the first international student at her college Safiya realized then that she wanted to learn how to maintain her international student visa and transition to permanent immigration status. Based on her personal experience Safiya realized that there was a need for legal counsel that was truly knowledgeable and compassionate in assisting immigrants with their immigration needs and other legal issues that would surface if they decided to live in the United States.
Safiya now represents individuals, couples, partners, and families as they make their immigration decisions, adoption decisions, end-of life decisions, as well as estate representatives in probate matters. Safiya received her Bachelor of Arts Degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Montevallo. Thereafter she attended the University of Alabama School of Law on scholarship where she received her Juris Doctor Degree in 2004.
Following law school Safiya was admitted into the State Bar of Georgia. She is licensed to practice in all Georgia State and Superior Courts, Supreme Court of Georgia, Federal Immigration Courts, and United States Consulate offices worldwide. Safiya is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers, and the Immigration Section of the State Bar of Georgia. In 2017 Safiya was recognized by the legal community as one of Georgia's Best Lawyers in Immigration Law by Georgia Trend's Legal Elite. In addition to her practice Safiya also devotes significant time to serving the legal profession and her community. Currently Safiya serves as the Vice-Chair of the Immigration Section for the State Bar of Georgia and the annual Chair of the Family Immigration Continuing Legal Education Program that is offered to Immigration Attorneys.
- University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa
- University of Montevallo
- Political Science/History
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Immigration Articles
- Immigration Lawyer of the Year
- Lawyer Monthly
- Leadership Academy Graduate
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite 2017
- Georgia Trend
- For the past 14 years, Georgia Trend has asked the state’s attorneys to tell us who they think are the best in their field. This year’s group of Legal Elite represent nearly 300 law firms in more than 30 cities across Georgia in 14 practice areas.The publication will be released in December 2017.
- Leadership Graduate
- Gwinnett County Neighborhood Leadership Institute
- State Bar of Georgia
- Vice Chair of Immigration Section
- - Current
- Georgia State Bar
- - Current
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Immigration Law
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- English: Spoken, Written