Free Consultation: (916) 985-2753Tap to Call This Lawyer
Sheri Lynn Hoffman

Sheri Lynn Hoffman

Hoffman & Hoffman
  • Estate Planning, Probate, Business Law
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Sheri Hoffman attended UC Davis from 1987 to 1991, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. She then attended Golden Gate University School of Law in San Francisco from 1991-1994, where she graduated Law School as a member of the Golden Gate University School of Law’s Dean’s List. Sheri passed the bar on her first attempt.

After marrying Joseph in 1996, they formed the Law Offices of Hoffman & Hoffman. Sheri is a Certified Estate Planning Specialist and a member of Wealth Counsel. Sheri’s practice includes all elements necessary to draft a comprehensive estate plan, regardless of the size of your estate. She is proficient in handling all estate and trust administration after a loved one passes away, whether large or small. Sheri’s practice also includes service in the areas of conservatorships and guardianships.

Outside of the office, Sheri is busy raising her children and volunteering at their school. She raises thousands of dollars each year for school programs to help ensure children in the community get the best education possible. She also enjoys tennis, golf, and spending time outdoors with her family and friends.

Univ of California Davis
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Golden Gate Univ School of Law
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Hoffman & Hoffman
- Current
Partner and Co-Owner of busy civil law firm in Folsom, California.
Certified Specialist Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Law
State Bar of California
Best Lawyers
Best of Folsom
Professional Associations
El Dorado County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Sacramento County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar  # 173944
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    For new estate planning clients.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. In my probate notes my petition is incomplete at item 2b. I did not print my name after executor. I need to file a
A: You would have to create the document on the numbered pleading paper and file it with the court responding to the additional information needed by the court. It needs to be signed and verified in order to be accepted. Here is a link to a sample :
Q. How do i see a will someone refuses to file in probate or show anyone in the state of california where the deceased live
A: The person that is holding the original will has 30 days to file the original with the county probate clerk in the county that the decedent was residing in at the time of his or her death. If they do not file within the 30 day period you can petition the court to force the person to file it.
Q. My grandma died in May and left her house to her three children my dad being the youngest child passed away .
A: Did you grandmother leave any will or trust documents that control the distribution of grandmother's estate assets? If so, you would have to review those documents to see if there is language in the documents that says what happens to a beneficiary's share of the estate if they die before grandma, ie does it go to their issue/descendants or does it lapse and go to the other named beneficiaries. This is a critical first question because the document controls. If it is silent then dad's share would pass to you and your sister and you would have beneficial rights. The document would still need to be reviewed by an attorney to see what duties/obligations uncle as the personal representative has. ... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
2600 E. Bidwell St. Ste. 240
2600 E. Bidwell St. Ste. 240
Folsom, CA 95630
Toll-Free: (916) 985-2753
Telephone: (916) 985-2753
Cell: (916) 985-2753
Fax: (916) 985-8429