Free Consultation: (501) 222-7378Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stefan K. McBride

Stefan K. McBride

Mann & Kemp, PLLC
  • Divorce, Family Law, Elder Law ...
  • Arkansas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I serve Arkansas families by pursuing innovative, reconciliation-driven solutions to their legal needs at Mann & Kemp PLLC

William H. Bowen School of Law
J.D. (2013)
Honors: Top Paper - Advance Legal Writing
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Mann & Kemp PLLC
Articles & Publications
The Legal Bloggage Industry
Arkansas Bar Association
Speaking Engagements
UCCJEA & UIFSA, Little Rock, Arkansas
Arkansas Trial Lawyer's Association
Attorney Ad Litem
Arkansas Judiciary
Top Contributor Award
Professional Associations
Arkansas Bar Association  # 2013150
- Current
Activities: Handbook Committee, Young Lawyer's Division - Executive Council
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Arkansas Trial Lawyer's Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    The initial 30-minute consultation is free.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Rates are flexible and will depend upon the client's ability to pay and the complexity of the issue.
Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Elder Law
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. My daughter is getting divorced her car is in husband's name only. is she responsible for the balance if she returns car
A: Arkansas is not a community property state, but that doesn't change the answer to your question. If her name is not on the car note, she cannot be held responsible for that debt unless the divorce judge makes her responsible. Even in that case, the only person the financing company can come after is the husband. In that case, he might take her to court for contempt for not paying for the car.
Q. How do i add my name to my sons birth certificate without his mothers cooperation and how do I find out who has custody?
A: If the mother of the child does not agree to the name change, you will have to petition a court to change the birth certificate. There are several factors that a court will use to determine whether it is in the child's best interest to allow the name change.
Q. If I have a 1 year old baby can her mother bring her new boyfriend over to stay the night when my daughter is there?
A: Unless there is a court order specifically prohibiting such behavior, your baby's mother can introduce the child to her new boyfriend.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Mann & Kemp, PLLC
The legal blog of Mann & Kemp
Contact & Map
Mann & Kemp, PLLC
225 S. Main St.
Hope, AR 71801
Telephone: (501) 222-7378
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed