Free Consultation: (210) 227-0606Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stephen A. Nicholas

Stephen A. Nicholas

The Law Office of Stephen Nicholas
  • Criminal Law, Divorce, Family Law
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Since May of 1984, I have been helping people in trouble with criminal law problems, DUI/DWI problems, and family law problems. I am licensed in State and Federal Court, and by the U.S. Supreme Court. I will see a person with a problem in any one of these areas, usually, on the same day as I am contacted. My fees are charged based on the seriousness of the problem, what needs to be done, and taking into account the person's ability to pay. My consultations are free, with no obligation, and will take as much time as necessary to determine the best path forward to a successful resolution.

St. Mary's University School of Law
J.D. | Law
St. Mary's University School of Law Logo
Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
Honors: Maintaining Member of the College of the State Bar of Texas
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Law Office of Stephen Nicholas
- Current
Carabin & Shaw
Malaise, Davis & Nicholas
Staff Attorney
Nicholas & Barrera
Assistant District Attorney
Bexar County District Attorney's Office
Staff Attorney
Nicholas & Barrera
United States Magistrate Court
Criminal Investigator
Bexar County District Attorney's Office
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar  # 14991600
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Consultations will take as much time as necessary to determine the best path to pursue for the best resolution of the situation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Additional Practice Area
  • DWI/DUI Practice Center
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. I am on parole in a halfway house. They are locking us in our dorms. Is this legal? I am in Texas.
A: If its oversight is by TDCJ-ID, the halfway house operator, more likely than not, has to follow guidelines that TDCJ-ID issues. Are you in the process of being released on Parole from TDCJ-ID? It sounds like you have been released to a transitional type facility. If so, you have to follow their rules. With a little more information, I could give you a better answer. Best of Luck!
Q. I’m on a pre trial diversion agreement. It’s states for me to do a 32hr class. But probation wants
A: I'm not sure where you are in Texas, but, in general, pretrial diversion, when the person qualifies and it's offered and you're in the program, is a gift that can be taken away for the slightest infraction or perceived infraction (from the viewpoint of the program leader). It's probably best that you go to whatever program they select so as to not risk losing your ability to have your case dismissed, once you successfully complete the pretrial diversion program. I'm pretty sure you will be prosecuted for the underlying charge if you get booted out of the program, so expect to make some concessions along the way. Best of Luck!
Q. I want to get my TWIC card but denied because of a charge of terristic threat a class b misdemeanor
A: This is not really a criminal law question as much as it is and administrative or employment law question; however, if the terroristic threats charge has not yet been resolved, then that would be the best place to start, since eliminating the case in a way that it could later be subject to expunction, such as pretrial diversion, a disposition without probation imposed, or some way to dispose of the situation without any probation or conviction. This would involve you working with your criminal defense lawyer before the case is resolved. Otherwise, other than possibly having it non-disclosed, which I think a state agency would be able to find, anyway, a lawyer skilled in administrative or employment law would be your next step to explore. Best of Luck!
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Law Office of Stephen Nicholas
101 Stumberg
San Antonio, TX 78204
Telephone: (210) 227-0606
Cell: (210) 710-6527
Notice: If you ever have a legal question, please call me on my cell phone number: (210) 710-6527 at any time.