Free Consultation: (303) 529-3476Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stephen Birk BaumgartnerBAUMGARTNER LAW, LLC
- Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Criminal Law
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
My name is Birk Baumgartner, and I am the principal at Baumgartner Law, LLC. I graduated from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, and have been a litigator ever since. I am the fourth attorney in my family, but unlike my family members, I declined a job at a big law firm. Instead, I decided to dedicate my practice to a limited number of cases, with focused and individualized care and the freedom to take only those cases that I believe are just. I am dedicated to practicing law the old-fashioned way - through real personal relationships with my clients.
- Southern Methodist University
- J.D. (2014)
- BAUMGARTNER LAW, LLC
- - Current
- Rising Stars
- Super Lawyers
- State Bar of Colorado  # 47829
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 10th Circuit
I have free consultations. Just call and set up an appointment.
Credit Cards Accepted
All Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Additional Practice Areas
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Legal Malpractice
- Police Brutality/ Sec. 1983
- Q. My sister lied to the courts to sell our mothers house after she passed away by stating she was the only child what can
- A: The other attorneys are correct. You need to file into the probate estate. Depending on when this occurred you may need to act immediately in order to preserve the estate. In other words, you need to act quickly before your sister spends any proceeds from the sale of the house.
- Q. If a “Order to issue citation and citation to show cause” served to me by the other party involved is that illegal?
- A: The COlorado Rules of Service say that any person 18 years or older and not a party to the case can make service. If this is an ongoing litigation, he may be able to serve you through the courts by mail. This sounds like a contempt citation, which means you should seek an attorney as soon as possible.
- Q. Whats the process in sueing an attorney for misconduct in the state of Colorado?
- A: This may be a professional misconduct referral. There is not enough information here to discern whether this is a legal malpractice issue, or a breach of professional ethics. If this is an ethics issue, then you should make a complaint to the Office of Attorney Regulation COunsel. If this is an issue that caused you damages, you should contact an attorney practicing legal malpractice for a consultation. But again, more information is needed.
Websites & Blogs
- BAUMGARTNER LAW, LLC Website
Contact & Map