Stephen G. Opperwall has 35+ years of experience representing clients in civil lawsuits.
In 1997, Mr. Opperwall was first designated a Certified Specialist in Creditors' Rights, a specialist designation that has been earned by only 8 attorneys in California.
In 2007, Mr. Opperwall was also named to the list of Super Lawyers of Northern California, a list that is reserved for the top 5% of attorneys.
Mr. Opperwall has been named to the Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an exclusive group of attorneys who have recovered $2,000,000 or more for at least one client, something which Mr. Opperwall has done multiple times. The Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum has only 4,000 members nationwide.
Mr. Opperwall represents clients in civil litigation focusing on creditors' rights, and also including a range of other issues in business, commercial law, and bankruptcy.
Practice includes lawsuits involving creditors rights, debt collection, judgment enforcement, contracts, real property, fraud, secured transactions, bankruptcy, and other aspects of business law, commercial law, and bankruptcy law.
- Santa Clara University School of Law
- J.D. (1981) | Law
- Oxford University
- Legal Studies | Law
- Calvin College
- B.A. (1975) | Pre Law
- Law Offices of Stephen G. Opperwall
- United States Supreme Court -- Admitted to practice
- United States Supreme Court
- Super Lawyers of Northern California (in Creditors Rights, Bankruptcy, and Commercial Litigation)
- Super Lawyers of Northern California
- Certified Specialist in Creditors Rights
- American Board of Certification
- Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum - Member
- Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- California Creditors Bar Association
- California State Bar # 100057
- - Current
- 9th Circuit
- California (U.S. District Courts)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Initial telephone consultation at no charge. Minimum retainer: $5,000 Minimum hourly rate: $395
- Creditors' Rights
- Creditors' Rights and Remedies
- Judgment enforcement
- Security interest enforcement
- Bankruptcy (representing Creditors)
- Debt collection
- Civil litigation
- Commercial litigation
- English: Spoken, Written