Free Consultation: (805) 349-2699Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stephen Peter Anderson

Stephen Peter Anderson

Experience, Knowledge & Reputation
  • Family Law, Divorce, Criminal Law ...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I have been Trial Attorney for 39 years, serving Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo County clients with family law, criminal and personal injury cases. Our goal is to provide you excellent legal advice at a fair and reasonable rate.

We offer a free initial consultation on all legal matters in the following areas of practice:

Family law-- These cases can create a great deal of emotion when children are involved. We can help reduce that stress, while helping everyone work through a difficult time. In addition, financial complications arise in most breakups, forcing immediate attention in the court. Our practice involves past representation of thousands of satisfied family law clients, who have referred us to their family, friends and co-workers.

Criminal cases--These require urgent attention to ensure rights are protected. These may include coordinating bail, or asking for an O.R. release. Often, interviews by law enforcement need be attended even prior to charges being brought.
Your constitutional rights should be protected every step of the way.

Personal injury cases--These include vehicle accidents, trip and fall, dog bites, general negligence and product liability matters. Discussion with our office as soon as you can following such an injury producing event, is your best safeguard to ensuring full compensation for your losses, which can include medical expenses, loss of earnings and pain and suffering. With experience in handling thousands of personal injury cases through settlement, arbitration or trial, involving millions of dollars in compensation, we are confident that you will be well served through our representation. While no guarantee or representation can be made on any individual case, our best professional efforts using 39 years of experience will be made on your case.

Western State Univ
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Western State Univ
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
California State Bar  # 93457
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Personal injury cases
Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Legal Answers
Q. if the petitioner of a guardianship bribes another to make it easier for her to get the child what should i file?
A: You need the advice of an attorney right away. These issues are important! There are important rights that can't be answered in a quick online question.
Q. if the petitioner of guardianship served the papers herself could i file a motion to set aside the order?
A: You are always entitled to challenge service. This is done by filing a Motion to Quash. Ultimately, however, you will likely be served and requires to file a response or objection. The service isn't your fight. The issue is the Guardianship and opposing it properly and through a full hearing. These issues are important and require you to consult with, and try to retain an attorney. Once permanent orders are issued, they are difficult to overturn.
Q. Can i refuse exchanges for my son's visits with his dad?
A: Suggest you both attend and complete the online COPE class. Be polite and discuss you will be in each other's live's FOREVER with your child, so you might as well learn to get along. Follow the Court's orders precisely. Body cam is a bad idea. Bringing someone to the exchange is also a bad idea, unless a restraining order is in place. Discuss intelligent COVID 19 restrictions.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
900 E Main St
Suite 101
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Telephone: (805) 349-2699
Fax: (805) 349-2693