Drafted and prosecuted utility and design patent applications, applications for federal trademark registration, and Office Action responses. Searched and evaluated prior art for Fortune 500 client. Consulted with corporate and individual inventors. Assisted with management of sizeable patent portfolio. Reviewed trademark search reports for potentially-conflicting marks. Evaluated and drafted software end-user license agreements.
Supported intellectual property litigation matters by researching case and statutory law, procedural rules, and factual issues involved in utility and plant patent, trademark, unfair competition, copyright, and right of publicity cases and drafting patent claim charts, complaints, answers, motions for preliminary injunctions, motions for summary judgment, motions to dismiss, discovery requests and responses, motions to compel, motions for protective orders, and privilege logs in connection with infringement lawsuits.
Calculated infringement damages models in cases involving potential liability of hundreds of millions of dollars. Interpreted confidentiality orders and ensured protection of trade secrets. Scrutinized scientific expert witness testimony. Managed large-scale e-discovery databases and projects: reviewed research and commercial documentation, devised and executed queries for deposition and trial preparation, and coordinated voluminous document productions.
Representative arts include: software, mechanical, electronic medical devices, e-commerce, business methods, building insulation, child safety seats, pest control, pharmaceutical, chemical, sports equipment, farming implements, and design.
Technical background includes computers, software, e-commerce, business methods, mechanical, and general engineering. Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (formerly Engineer-in-Training) licensing exam.
This profile may include Advertising Material, and the laws governing legal advertising may require noting "THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT." Kentucky law does not certify specialties of legal practice, while Indiana law does not offer a certification in the intellectual property practice area.
- University of Dayton School of Law
- J.D. | Program in Law and Technology
- Honors: Managing Editor and co-founder, Dayton Journal of Intellectual Property Law; Who's Who: American Law Schools.
- Activities: Intellectual Property Law Society.
- Bellarmine College
- B.A. | Accounting and Computer Science
- Honors: Honors Program; Dean's List; Presidential Leadership Society.
- Activities: Delta Sigma Pi; Chorale and College Singers; intramural sports.
- Patent and Trademark Associate
- Overhauser Law Offices, LLC
- - Current
- Intellectual Property Staff Attorney
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Staff Attorney
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Business Method Patents: 'Technology' Need Not Apply?"
- TerraLex IP Newsletter, 13th Ed., April 2006
- Ask the Legal Professional: Patent Infringement
- Business First
- Registered Patent Attorney
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Passed Funamentals of Engineering (formerly Engineer-in-Training exam) licensing examination
- State of Michigan Board of Professional Engineers
- Who's Who in American Law
- State of Kentucky
- Kentucky Governor's Scholars Program Alumni Association
- Intellectual Property
- English: Spoken, Written